Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Welcome and Get to know each other

Started by jepcho, February 06, 2016, 09:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big perm2

Ha ha yes that was a super funny movie!! I will check into that one!!

Talkem into given up!!!

Big perm2

Went to my farm today and found a surprise!!

Talkem into given up!!!

Big perm2

tomstopper

jepcho

That looks very promising!  I'm excited for you!

ILHUNTER

Big perm2

Yes it was!! Got my blood bolling just a bit!!

Talkem into given up!!!

wmn2

I've been seeing a flock of about 10 on my way home from work each morning. Can't wait to get out there and try my hand at one. Supposed to be warm tho weekend so I'm hoping to make it out to the range to pattern. I'm off thurs-mon so I should find time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wmn2

Got a new puppy coming home in April. Golden retriever female. Photo shows her a lot lighter than she is, she's actually more of a red tint.

357MAGNOLE

Thats awesome man! My wife has been hammering me about getting another dog.  We dont do the bigger dogs though I dont hunt with dogs and I live in a small house without any property for them to run around in.  So medium sized pups for me.  I have a Schnauzer that is my baby girl man. lol

Dont know what I want next, we already tried another Schnauzer and that dog was dumber than a wet sack of manure.

Probably going to look for something mixed over pure bread.  I had $1500 worth of medical bills from my pup this past year, high price tag of owning a "pure" bred.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

WNCTracker

Quote from: Big perm2 on February 13, 2016, 03:12:52 PM
Went to my farm today and found a surprise!!

Talkem into given up!!!
you motivated me to take a long , and steep, hike to my hunting area today. Glad I did. Saw 5 toms, 4 jakes and tons of hens. That's what I needed to see.

wmn2

This is going to be our first big dog. We had a boston terrier that is the dumbest dog I've ever had. We stayed with the in laws when we moved here until we found a house and they wanted to keep him so I gladly let them have him.

I grew up having boxers my whole life. Great dogs. I had a beagle for rabbits and then an English springer spaniel for pheasants and I just love hunting breeds. Goldens are great with kids too. We have a half acre so she will have plenty of room.
Friends of ours is who we are getting her from. Pure bred and only costing us 400 so I couldn't pass her up. I go to michigan for work in April and then I've gotta go through ohio to pick up a trailer and my utv at my parents and the friends live 10 minutes from parents so it couldn't have worked out better.

357MAGNOLE

Haha you know whats funny..... The puppy my wife is barking up the tree about is a Springer Spaniel/Beagle mix.  They look adorable, just wonder how that dog will turn out.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

wmn2

That's hilarious. My beagle was so-so. Decent hunter, but not the smartest. My springer was the second best dog I've ever owned, just because he wasn't a family pet like my favorite boxer and he wouldn't listen to anyone but myself pretty much. I am the one that spent all my time with him. He was very smart, always listened to commands and man could he find the birds and get them to flush. I loved hunting over that dog.

wmn2

Monday or Tuesday I'll be headed to the range to pattern. As long as the rain holds off. May stop by a farm this weekend and try to get permission. Been seeing a flock with two longbeards strutting every morning the past week on my way home from work.