OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What different animals have you called in while turkey hunting?

Started by turkaholic, February 04, 2016, 06:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkaholic

Just wondering how many people have sat down to a turkey and been surprised what comes to your calls. Last year was a really tough year for me, but I did get a few surprises. On 3 occasions I called in a coyote sneeking in for a easy meal, he got lead. In past years I have called in multiple Fishers, they die easy but some running and chasing is required. Only once did I call in a Bobcat and she was sneaky and didn't come very close. Also have been up close and personal with 4 Black Bears but, I don't believe they came to my calls but may have felt safer after hearing my calls. Cool stuf out there trying to make a meal out of our beloved birds.
live to hunt hunt to live

Turkeyman

The only thing I've called in was coyotes on a couple occassions. As you, given the opportunity, they don't leave.

Tom Threetoes

I've called up a few coyotes, one bobcat, a coon, and a hoard of other hunters. LOL

LaLongbeard

Coyotes and other hunters. The coyote I understand but I can't imagine why someone would attempt to stalk up on what they believe is a hen good way to get shot,and the chance your going to creap up on a hen that just happens to have a gobbler with her is remote at best. But it happens every year.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

MK M GOBL

The list.. (Beyond other hunters) wolves, coyotes, coons, whitetail deer came into me in the timber, (don't think it was the calling) but a squirrel showed up at a blind set I had about every time I was there and would bark at me, and while using my locator I have had crows and barred owls.

MK M GOBL

Hooksfan

I called in a Sasquatch in Crawford County Kansas once.... :angel9:

Cane Cutter

Bringin tha boom to ya room!

fallhnt

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

SinGin

Every once and a while I get lucky and actually call in a gobbler, but that doesn't happen as much as I think it should.

dirt road ninja

The normal stuff, yotes and a cat or two. In late April I seem to have a real talent for calling hordes of mosquitos.

trad bow

Coyotes, bobcats and other "hunters". Called up two "hunters" last year on my lease who were not members. Said they had a right as they were working a bird. Had DNR show them the error of their ways. :angry9:

stinkpickle

This little kitty brushed my hip.  We startled each other.

Ozark870Hunter

Missouri allowed the taking of coyotes during turkey season for the first time last year. Had a yote come looking for the turkey. Lip squeeked him into 10 yrds, and rolled him with #5 Winchester LB's.
Called in a bobcat 3 years ago.
United Front Armory
Custom built firearms
Top quality cerakote applications
https://www.facebook.com/UnitedFrontArmory/

Stickbow98

Several coyotes, had one run in and grab a decoy once... bad move on his part- died of lead poisoning! Also watched a bobcat stalk in to my set-up, real unsettling looking into those eyes when you're the prey! Scariest part was when I moved and yelled to scare it off... It barely flinched at first, just hunched up and hissed. Almost thought I was going to have to shoot it before it finally turned and walked off!  :o
"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

kyturkeyhunter4