turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Finding the right mouth call

Started by kdsberman, February 02, 2016, 02:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbird22

I highly recommend Houndstooth as well. Lyle's Dixie Combo in a youth frame is as turkey as it gets!

ThunderChickenHunter21

Definitely check out Hooks.  I like to use the game changer 2 and executioner 2. 

Ozark870Hunter

I had pretty much given up on diaphragm calls until I discovered small frame calls. After several years and trying several different makers, I've had the best results using Legacy calls. Specifically the small frame "prize possession."
Gotta find what works best for you. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
United Front Armory
Custom built firearms
Top quality cerakote applications
https://www.facebook.com/UnitedFrontArmory/

Jbird22

Ozark, I use small frames as well and you're right, Legacy makes some good ones as well. My favorite of his is the Lone Hen 3. They all run with very little air.

OldSchool

I'm far from an expert turkey caller and I've never owned anything but production mouth calls. Each time I get a new call, I lay it on top of an old one and trim it down with scissors to match the old one. Once they're "broken in" I don't see a lot difference in the calls I've used. I do remember well, the first time I put one in my mouth and tried to use it. :o

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

Ozark870Hunter

Quote from: JBIRD22 on February 06, 2016, 09:23:35 AM
Ozark, I use small frames as well and you're right, Legacy makes some good ones as well. My favorite of his is the Lone Hen 3. They all run with very little air.
Yup. My second choice is the Lone Hen 3 as well.
Old school try out a custom diaphragm vs a production one. You will immediately notice the difference. Most likely you will never buy a mass-produced mouth call again lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
United Front Armory
Custom built firearms
Top quality cerakote applications
https://www.facebook.com/UnitedFrontArmory/