turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

870 Youth build (any info will help)

Started by 357MAGNOLE, January 28, 2016, 09:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

I was just looking at mine and as you know i have a see thru saddle mount with scope and i was looking under the saddle to see the sights and you are looking down a little more on the stock with your cheek. So i would think with the scope bases and low mounts you will be fine...With my see thru mount and saddle your up on you cheek more with the stock...

Greg Massey

I'm shooting a Trulock choke it's a non ported 565 choke. I did a lot of looking at chokes and wanted one that would be a all around choke.. It shoots good numbers with number 5 shot as well as number 7 heavy shot..Sometime i shoot a federal 20 ga. 3 in. 1 5/16 oz. 6 shot if i'm going to be hunting a area with shots under 30 yards, i just back that first shell up with the number 7 P. heavy and i save that 5 dollar shell. Check those shells out at Buds Guns on line is were i get these with the best shipping price..

357MAGNOLE

Got my stock in today and started to work on the camo pattern.  Here is what I came up with so far over the last few hours.  Blends decently when you step back just a few feet.  I imagine in the woods it will disappear.

up close shot... obviously not blending is well but if anything gets that close its game over.

Here it is at 15 yards out. Blends decently with the naked bradford pear trunk.  I imagine with some brush around you wont be able to see it until ontop of it.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Greg Massey

Looking good like the camo pattern. Can't wait to see it all finished ...nothing like building one the way you want...

357MAGNOLE

Got a few chokes coming in the mail and working on getting another. Gonna have myself a playoff for pattern/numbers. I'll keep the winner and sell the others. I am going to try out the

Carlsons .575
Truglo SSX
Remington SF
Sumtoy 562

I would really like to see in the 175 range and consistent patterns. If I can't get that I'll settle for 150 range.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

357MAGNOLE

Mostly done at this point! I still need the scope rings to show up and choke tubes.  After that ill wait on some warmer weather and get to sighting in the scope and patterning.  It does have a little gloss to the paint, I am going to look into hitting it with a light wet sand after it cures a little longer. It does not look as glossy in person, but still a little too glossy for my taste.

Greg Massey

Nice, 357Magnole custom 20 ga. with paint job...

357MAGNOLE

Got a little more of the shine off with some 0000 Steel wool this morning.... I think it turned out pretty damn good. This picture was from about 6 feet back.

357MAGNOLE

Pretty much done. Got 3 chokes and ordering a 4th for pattern testing. Can't wait to see the results.

Greg Massey

Did you use the low rings with the scope? How did they work out with the stock..?

357MAGNOLE

Low rings where perfect. I had to scoot the scope back a little for best eye relief while on 4X. Scope was designed to work on 4X so leaving it there. I used Leupolds PRW low rings. Heavy heavy duty rings, took some time to install.

Greg Massey

Great I was hoping they would work out ... the gun is looking good...

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: 357MAGNOLE on February 16, 2016, 06:14:48 PM
Pretty much done. Got 3 chokes and ordering a 4th for pattern testing. Can't wait to see the results.

Great Job!  :icon_thumright:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Cleveland48

Great job I really like the looks of that.

gophert

Gun looks great!  Now go bust some heads!

Sent from my typewriter