retrieverman

:drool:
I like that!!!

Can you tell me about the build itself?

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: retrieverman on August 30, 2024, 07:58:26 AM:drool:
I like that!!!

It's an older Stoeger Uplander 20ga double. Had real gorgeous figure in the wood is why I originally bought it. Had the barrels and receiver cerakoted by Koehler Customs. The receiver was their "battle worn" pattern. Also has a turkey track lasered into the bottom. My gunsmith added the sling studs and a mount for the Holosun 507c-gr. He also did some trigger work on it. Running Trulock chokes, a .575 turkey choke and then a cylinder in the, "Oh $h*T!" barrel. I taped up that front trigger for an easy reminder in the field. Then it's got the Moonshine Leatherworks sling and cover. Think if I was going to build another double I might would go O/U but I love the look of a SxS and I like the way the sight mounts to it. Love how short and tight the singles and doubles are to tote in the woods. Added barrel length without sacrificing maneuverability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greentrout

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on August 29, 2024, 08:15:56 PMBryan Absher of Moonshine Leatherworks brought me a stock cover a couple days ago to gussy up my latest build.

I hate to hide that pretty stock but man that does look good!
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

retrieverman

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on August 30, 2024, 08:49:01 AM
Quote from: retrieverman on August 30, 2024, 07:58:26 AM:drool:
I like that!!!

It's an older Stoeger Uplander 20ga double. Had real gorgeous figure in the wood is why I originally bought it. Had the barrels and receiver cerakoted by Koehler Customs. The receiver was their "battle worn" pattern. Also has a turkey track lasered into the bottom. My gunsmith added the sling studs and a mount for the Holosun 507c-gr. He also did some trigger work on it. Running Trulock chokes, a .575 turkey choke and then a cylinder in the, "Oh $h*T!" barrel. I taped up that front trigger for an easy reminder in the field. Then it's got the Moonshine Leatherworks sling and cover. Think if I was going to build another double I might would go O/U but I love the look of a SxS and I like the way the sight mounts to it. Love how short and tight the singles and doubles are to tote in the woods. Added barrel length without sacrificing maneuverability.

Thank you for sharing.  That's a beautiful rig.