OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mosseberg Sa 20 Turkey thug

Started by Turkeyfever, January 23, 2016, 12:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeyfever

I have got two birds so far with the new gun absolutely love the way it shoots! Both have been around the 40 yard mark and they were hammered with the Carlson's and federal HW #7. I am hooked on this 20!

chatterbox

Don't overlook the SSX. My Mossberg 20 throws a consistent 150-155 with that choke and the Heviweight 7's

dutch@fx4

My daughter has a sa20  and hers is not drilled and tapped for a scope. I tool it t a gun smith and he said he would not drill it as he didn't think there was enough metal to do it properly. .on another note we broke the bolt lock in two.took three months to get the gun back from warranty center.

Horrendo Revolver

Quote from: FL-Boss on January 26, 2016, 09:17:38 PM
The SA-20 is very much the same gun as the SA-459 -  in fact I think they are made in the same Turkish factory.   I have them both. What I can tell you...  FED HW#7 always seemed the best in the SA-20.

As for chokes... Sumtoy will give you most "wow" factory ( around 180-200) but for actually hunting I always like something a little more open.. Carlson .575 ( about 140)

They are not made in the same factory.
Assistant Secretary - U.S. Dry Bean Council

Dtrkyman

Anyone run a tightwad in one yet? May try one for the price they are .570

Turkeyfever

I have shot the tight wad and it was good but Carlson's shot better for me.

Dtrkyman

Quote from: Turkeyfever on March 07, 2017, 08:45:42 PM
I have shot the tight wad and it was good but Carlson's shot better for me.
With federal 7s?   I am loading some tss 9s or 9.5 for mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkeyfever

Dtrkyman

Just got mine, decent little gun for the money, I got one for 380 new, definitely not as refined as my Benelli's and Beretta's!