OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Calling On Guesswho.... Need Assistance

Started by tomstopper, January 21, 2016, 11:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wytrat785

wytrat785

Quote from: Capt.hooks on January 22, 2016, 12:45:51 PM
Hey never count anything or of your arsenal... I once killed a stud gobbler with the help of a helium filled balloon..... True story

Would love to hear the story behind the balloon. Might be able to add it to my tactics!

OldSchool

Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

WNCTracker

Quote from: 357MAGNOLE on January 22, 2016, 03:07:58 PM
That is awesome. I must really suck at hunting to know you are killing birds with this goof ball and I played hell all year last year trying to get them close enough for a shot.

This reminds me last year I spent all morning listening to a gobbler I couldn't  call in that disappeared. An hour later I hiked out only to watch the gobbler strutting relentlessly on a white swan flower pot in the landowners front yard. That badonkadeke picture is a riot.

357MAGNOLE

Quote from: johnplesh on January 26, 2016, 10:17:03 PM

Quote from: 357MAGNOLE on January 22, 2016, 03:07:58 PM
That is awesome. I must really suck at hunting to know you are killing birds with this goof ball and I played hell all year last year trying to get them close enough for a shot.

This reminds me last year I spent all morning listening to a gobbler I couldn't  call in that disappeared. An hour later I hiked out only to watch the gobbler strutting relentlessly on a white swan flower pot in the landowners front yard. That badonkadeke picture is a riot.
HAHAHAHA! You made me feel much better already lol
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

OldSchool

[/quote]

I've seen turkeys do things that would almost lead a person to believe that they weren't all that bright. But think of some of the things we've done when the "spring fever" hit us. ;D

And that's not a jab at the badonkadeke. I'm actually in the planning stages of something similar, but different. I've got enough problems now, I don't need a lawsuit on my hands.  ;D

Bob

guesswho

Quote from: OldSchool on January 27, 2016, 09:27:04 AM
I'm actually in the planning stages of something similar, but different. I've got enough problems now, I don't need a lawsuit on my hands.  ;D

Bob
My team of lawyers will be keeping an eye on you.  Actually it's just me, but a team of lawyers sounds better ;D   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

OldSchool

That's what I'm afraid of.  I give you my word as a fellow turkey hunter, there will be no copyright infringement on my part. And I say copyright instead of trademark, because your badonkadeke my friend, is a work of art. ;)

Bob

THattaway

The real dekes in those pictures measure about 3/8" tall and are yellow.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

THattaway

"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

WNCTracker

[/quote]

I've seen turkeys do things that would almost lead a person to believe that they weren't all that bright. But think of some of the things we've done when the "spring fever" hit us.

Bob
[/quote]

Yes, my wife thinks turkeys aren't very bright....wait a second, I wonder what she thinks of me...?