Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

((((POLL)))) How Many Turkeys Do You Kill each Year?

Started by Honolua, January 21, 2016, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How Many Turkeys do you kill? each year?

0-3
4+
Op is a Genius and can have all my hunting stuff.

Waynesworld23

I kill one bird a year off my small place but I only started killing a bird a season five years ago so it took time to become consistent but some years are better then others. Any day in the turkey woods is a good day
To give anything less then your best is to sacrifice the gift

Gooserbat

Fortunately I get to hunt 3 or 4 states each year.  I usually kill 6-7 birds and call 10 or more others to the gun. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

MK M GOBL

Quote from: chadly on January 21, 2016, 06:55:15 PM
That is really good.  We can have a max of 2/year here in Iowa.  2 can be a challenge the last several years.  Congrats on getting the kids out to hunt.

Thanks!

I hunted Iowa for a few years but for a non-resident you can only get 1 bird and with the $200+ a year (tag/license/habitat stamp) it got a bit expensive... but back home I have some fun calling birds in, when you come play my game it's 15-17 yards with the shotgun and 10-12 yards with the bow!

MK M GOBL

hs strut

i like to take one normally i have killed 2 in a season in the past. i have no reason to take more than 1 or 2 myself. i didnt connect last year but i did work a few. i also called a few jakes in but as dad said good things come to those who wait so i let them walk.
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

turkeywhisperer935

Usually on a good year probably 2. Had one year though I never came close to clicking off the safety though.

Vaturkeyhntr

Shoot for my limit of 3 here in VA.  Last year was a blast with killing 1 in GA and getting my 3 in the first week of VA season.  Then I got to help family, friends, and a wounded warrior during the reset of the season and ended up watching 13 die.

LaLongbeard

Louisiana has a 2 Bird limit. I also try to make hunts in couple more states if I can get the time off.So I get my 2 in LA every year and 2-4 more depending on year and time available. This year Lord willing I'm going to Miss. and back to Texas and then Kansas
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Buckmaster1546

2-4 depending on work and weather.
I got skunked last year in Missouri. Only killed one here at home in Louisiana.
It's hard to explain how I could hear so many turkeys Gobble and not kill one! Lol I'm sure it would be a lot easier to explain it to everyone on here though!
I did miss one the first morning. So I did at least have the opportunity. Too far. The bigger birds and hilly open big timber, terane lead to my miss judgment of distance.

sasquatch1

Usually 2-3 but have ranged from 0-7.

All public land hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drthorn

Kentucky bag limit is 2 in the Spring. Most years I tag out, but not always. Only been skunked once in 14 years.

hunter22

I usually kill between 5-10. Last spring I killed 8. But I am able to hunt several states.

357MAGNOLE

I just got started last spring. I have yet to kill my first bird.

But I got the fever and I am very hopeful for this spring.  :funnyturkey:
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Spitten and drummen

I usually end up on a 4 bird average. I have killed at least one over the last 35 years. Most years have been 3 and my best year was 9. A few 7 and a few more 6.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Bowguy

I used to kill 4 or 5 a year than stop. As I get older the number is one or two less. Much of my time is spent helping my kids, other kids, new folks, etc.
Season is short but I'd not trade the time I sacrifice to help kids to double my numbers