only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Turkey Loads for 2016

Started by allaboutshooting, January 13, 2016, 02:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

Quote from: TheSportsman on January 15, 2016, 08:49:11 PM
Clark- are these copper plated shot?
Great question. The highest quality, plated shot availability I'm told.
Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

wmn2

I like the way these sound. What would you recommend for a choke for these? I was planning on trying longbeard xr's with the carlson longbeard xr (which I think is .665) choke in my SXP turkey hunter. Would that same choke work with these shells? Obviously I'd pattern, but if I wanted to shoot both, I wouldn't want to have to have 2 different chokes.

Longshanks

Thanks Clark, this is going to be interesting to see if they will rival the longbeard patterns. Hopefully they are a little more open up close and 40yd patterns are better than standard 3" 6's. I would settle for 160's to 180's at 40 if the 15-20 yd patterns are a little more open. Only down side I see is Pb 7's will make up a 1/3 of the pattern and @ 40 not sure how well they will perform on the turkey as compared to all 6's. Guess it is all speculation until we burn the powder.

Tennessee Lead

Woo doggies!
I love new stuff!

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

KPcalls

Hmmm....Let's through some #7 lead in there to bring up the pellet count.  ::)

Izzyjoe

I'd like to try the 20ga. Flavor!

allaboutshooting

Quote from: wmn2 on January 15, 2016, 11:05:44 PM
I like the way these sound. What would you recommend for a choke for these? I was planning on trying longbeard xr's with the carlson longbeard xr (which I think is .665) choke in my SXP turkey hunter. Would that same choke work with these shells? Obviously I'd pattern, but if I wanted to shoot both, I wouldn't want to have to have 2 different chokes.

I suspect that it will work quite well with that choke tube. Only some range time will tell of course.

Thanks,
Clark

CrustyRusty

Im not too sold on these new shells.  I would prefer Hevi to lower its prices instead  :z-dizzy:

tha bugman

Too bad they don't make them in 10 ga ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbcoach

Thanks for the info Clark.  Have you heard what merchants will be carrying the Triples?  I would love to see what the 3 1/2 7's will do in my 835 with the .670 Pure Gold.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: bbcoach on January 16, 2016, 05:31:39 PM
Thanks for the info Clark.  Have you heard what merchants will be carrying the Triples?  I would love to see what the 3 1/2 7's will do in my 835 with the .670 Pure Gold.

You're welcome. Mack's Prairie Wings is always a good source for Hevi-Shot products and I expect that you'll see them in Bass Pro, Cabela's, Academy, etc. They will make their debut next week at the SHOT Show and that's where all the buyers will be placing orders for them. I'll know more after that.

Thanks,
Clark

Longshanks

Quote from: bbcoach on January 16, 2016, 05:31:39 PM

From what I gather these are only available in blends of 5,6 and 7's.

reynolds243

The 20g is interesting for sure

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka

owlhoot

Speedball waterfowl loads are supposed to have a much thicker copper plating on the  shot (on the steel shot).

Claiming to increase the density, did they do this to the lead shot?

If so does this work and by how much?

Gobble!

Quote from: KPcalls on January 16, 2016, 04:13:32 AM
Hmmm....Let's through some #7 lead in there to bring up the pellet count.  ::)

Yeah I'll pass.