OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

mountain lion in tn

Started by hs strut, January 03, 2016, 10:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hs strut

I was on Facebook the other night when I came across the story.My understanding is that it was caught on trail cam in Obion county. I'm not worried as much as I am curious. I have heard stories from the old timers growing up that they see these big cats on occasion maybe there is more to the stories than I thought. What i'm curious about is where did it come from could it be there that the population is slowly rebuilding.
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

fallhnt

Young males get pushed out or move on,to make there own territory, from states like ND ,SD, WY etc. IL has had maybe 2 or 3 proven wild. 1 got shot in Chicago and 1 was found dead. Most have been pets that owners no longer want. I would believe none of what I read on the "web" and I think Bigfoot was also caught on a trail camera.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

hs strut

Quote from: fallhnt on January 04, 2016, 08:00:00 AM
Young males get pushed out or move on,to make there own territory, from states like ND ,SD, WY etc. IL has had maybe 2 or 3 proven wild. 1 got shot in Chicago and 1 was found dead. Most have been pets that owners no longer want. I would believe none of what I read on the "web" and I think Bigfoot was also caught on a trail camera.
yeah i see what ya mean i know it seems alot of people are talking about the big cat and how to get rid of it to me it seems we need to be concerned about the coyotes population as it seems the population is growing at a large rate. it may just be me but it seems like im seeing more and more every season and when possible i try to take every coyote i see.
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

TennesseeJed

There have been a couple of TN sightings that I've heard of lately. The one you mention and another on one of the lakes, I forget which one it was cause I don't fish.

I saw one back in the mid '90s. A couple of friends told me I was crazy and didn't believe me but I know what I saw.

hs strut

Quote from: TennesseeJed on January 08, 2016, 05:15:59 PM
There have been a couple of TN sightings that I've heard of lately. The one you mention and another on one of the lakes, I forget which one it was cause I don't fish.

I saw one back in the mid '90s. A couple of friends told me I was crazy and didn't believe me but I know what I saw.
i can say i have not seen one but like fallhnt said they were probably pushed out of their home.i understand that at one time they were indigenous here at one time