OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: fall gobbling  (Read 3938 times)

Offline otinhunter

fall gobbling
« on: January 03, 2016, 03:44:43 AM »
 Had a awesome fall hunt last Sun more like a spring hunt Lol. I was wondering for all of you that has fall turkey hunted for years what is the most you have heard toms gobbling in the fall/winter?

Offline fallhnt

• Double Beard
  • "So easy a gun hunter can do it"
Re: fall gobbling
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 08:04:51 AM »
In one public spot I hunt I hear gobbling 90% of the time. Not so much in others. Most of the gobbling I hear is jakes on the roost or during there fights after flydown.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Offline otinhunter

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 03:47:58 AM »
 That is what I was hearing on and off the early fall season. Fighting and a couple gobbles here and there. I was hunting I believe a group of 2 and 3 year old birds grouped together 8 total. On 12/27 the woods sounded like a spring morning of turkey hunting. A bird started gobbling on the roost and continued on the ground until 9 that morning. The gobbling was mainly 1 bird but 2 others gobbled a few times. I started counting after the first gobble Lol (old habit) and counted a total of 238 gobbles that morning.

Offline silverspur

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 07:28:19 AM »
The jake I shot this year gobbled before I pulled the trigger.  Turkeys can and will gobbler year round as there mood sees fit.  They gobble more in the spring with a purpose for sure
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs