News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Using trail cameras in the spring.

Started by deerbasshunter3, December 02, 2015, 08:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirt road ninja

Quote from: deerbasshunter3 on January 22, 2016, 10:09:31 AM
Do cameras not spook the turkey like it can/will do with deer?

They don't care a bit, you can stick it on a 2x4 in the middle of a field and they act like its been there all their lives.

jwhunter

Yes I use trail cameras. They are very helpful. I will run 4-5 cameras during season.

gobbledinner9

I have 3 cameras giving me data around the year close to my cottage.

The more information you have about the area the better.

RussM311

We use Plotwatchers along pipelines and on foodplots to give us an idea of where birds are....generally. We find that real early in the year, the birds may only cross an area once a week or so, but it does identify areas that we can concentrate on as the season nears.

MK M GOBL

Have never used a trail cam for turkey, I hit my spots through out the proceeding weeks, some morning some evenings before and after work hours. I have hunted them on some of these spots for the past 14 years or so still get some new spots now and again and will focus on them. Wouldn't have enough cameras to cover the area I hunt. I mostly "locate/scout" by ear and eye and plan my hunts by that info. Birds tend to be in the same areas year after year but the fields change crops, where cattle are pastured and such. My serious scouting really starts about 2 weeks before I hunt and continues to the last day of the season. I put a lot of time and travel in to scouting this way and this leads to the success I have, of course there's a bit more to it than just finding birds have to know how to hunt them right too.

MK M GOBL

Dr Juice

Quote from: FL-Boss on December 05, 2015, 09:55:43 PM
If you have the camera.. run it. It's doing no good just sitting in the house. I run 5 cameras.. all year.. they never turn off.
Concur.