OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Shaving bowl and brush set....updated pics!!!!!

Started by pappy, July 22, 2015, 10:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

mmclain

that's a nice set....I have a straight razor I shave with on occasion.....I like the brush and soap cake much better than the shave gels...

pappy

I am hearing a lot of guys are going back to this way of shaving, as the cost of razors has sky rocketed in the last few years. When i find a single edged razor I like the looks of I am going to make a set with one of these.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Onpoint

Quote from: pappy on July 22, 2015, 10:48:05 AM

I added a Gillette Fusion Pro razor to the set, I turned the handle out of a piece of cherry burl Mr. Darrell Gibson had sent me....man talk about a pain getting that original handle to shape so I could fit the wooden one on! But it came out pretty good for a first timer....
turned this set for our family physician who uses a vintage razor to shave with. The bowl is made from African Pink Ivory and it 2" tall and 3-1/2" wide with 2-1/4" internal diameter and 1" deep for the soap disc. The brush is made from Osage and Italian Briar burl with Maccassar Ebony spacer and the bristles are from a German brush from the early 1900's made from Badger hair. Hoping he will like these ....
That is frikkin awesome

I'd feel like a king if I shaved with that