turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

maine moose lottery

Started by doublebarrel, June 14, 2015, 08:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobbes

Congrats!  I used to put in but finally decided Maine's set up is a racket.  However,  you can't draw if you don't apply.

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: hobbes on June 15, 2015, 09:59:31 AM
Congrats!  I used to put in but finally decided Maine's set up is a racket.  However,  you can't draw if you don't apply.

^ yes to this!
  My Buddie has been applying for a Bull tag since the inception of drawing,and never got one.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

KansasGobbler

You now need to rush to the nearest store and buy a lottery ticket :you_rock

doublebarrel

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on June 15, 2015, 01:24:54 PM
Quote from: hobbes on June 15, 2015, 09:59:31 AM

^ yes to this!
  My Buddie has been applying for a Bull tag since the inception of drawing,and never got one.

I know people who have gotten it first year, guys who have never drawn and guys who it seems that someone in their household draws every year. One thing I think they need to do is limit one per household. Every year without fail you see what appears to be 3 people in one household all get drawn. Anything over 20 years those guys need to be alloted a certain number of permits until all longtimers  get drawn

trackerbucky

The way it's set up now you get additional chances for every year you're not drawn. 

In 2012, a new "bonus point" system began awarding long-term entrants even more chances to win in the lottery. Instead of earning a single extra chance in the lottery for every year their name doesn't get drawn, entrants earn one chance during their first five years, two chances for years 6-10, three chances for years 11-15 and 10 chances per year for every year in excess of 15.

Still not a sure thing for those who have been applying for a long time, but your chances get better the longer you don't get drawn. 
I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.

Bowguy

Austy

Congrats and good luck to you.  I think I had 24 or 25 points going into this years lottery.