OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Got screwed on ebay

Started by Onpoint, June 10, 2015, 08:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onpoint

Quote from: davisd9 on June 11, 2015, 11:38:41 AM
Well I do not know the story of the call being bought here, but if only an hour is given then that is not much time.  Most of us do not sit on here all day waiting on something to pop back.  Many of us are at work and pop on and off throughout the day when we have a little spare time.  I do have tapatalk on my phone and it used to tell me when I had a PM but since they have updated and changed it so much it is about useless any more.  24 hrs, maybe, but 1 hour, no way. There is no sense in being to much of a hurry and I never had one person get upset when they inquired on something I was selling and I told them I was talking to or waiting on someone that got with me first. Let them know they are next in line or whatever they are in the order I received their PM.  Most are appreciative and glad to know you are being fair.

:z-twocents:
That's pretty much exactly how it happened.

I got on, seen the calls and sent a pm saying I'd take them. Got right back off and logged on an hour later. Within 45 minutes he had sent 3 pms, the first stated paypal address, 2nd asked if I was still interested and the 3rd said sold.

I think I have every right to be aggravated about that. Maybe not. But if that makes me look bad I can live with that

HunterMc23

I just don't think you should be on here telling ever one about your dealings you had with someone.If the deal didn't work out they way you wonted  it to. I don't think it should be posted about some one. That just sounds like where on here gossiping about it, I've had deals that didn't go they way I wonted them to go but I didn't get on here and tell every one about it. This site is to help people, not to bash them because something didn't go your way. Every one has there on opinion but that's just how  I feel about the whole thing.

Onpoint

Quote from: HunterMc23 on June 11, 2015, 01:44:57 PM
I just don't think you should be on here telling ever one about your dealings you had with someone.If the deal didn't work out they way you wonted  it to. I don't think it should be posted about some one. That just sounds like where on here gossiping about it, I've had deals that didn't go they way I wonted them to go but I didn't get on here and tell every one about it. This site is to help people, not to bash them because something didn't go your way. Every one has there on opinion but that's just how  I feel about the whole thing.
That wasn't my initial intention. I just got to Ramblin about the jacked up luck I was having with turkey calls that day. N u gotta admit, thinking you're about to hsve 3 new calls show up and end up with not a one. it clearly wasn't my day. But ok, I apologize if I offended anyone.

gaswamp

Quote from: HunterMc23 on June 11, 2015, 11:25:03 AM
When you tell some one that you will take the call and get off the page a hour or so and the person rights you back asking if you still won't the call and you don't right back I think the person has ever right to sell it. Especially if he has other people wonting to buy it, you have to communicate. That's just my opinion, and I don't think you should then be on her talking about it on the forum either. That just makes all of us look bad, when it's actually your fault for not communicating with the seller.

if it went they way onpoint says he had every right to be upset.  Some of us don't stay wired in all day.

gaswamp

Quote from: davisd9 on June 11, 2015, 11:38:41 AM
Well I do not know the story of the call being bought here, but if only an hour is given then that is not much time.  Most of us do not sit on here all day waiting on something to pop back.  Many of us are at work and pop on and off throughout the day when we have a little spare time.  I do have tapatalk on my phone and it used to tell me when I had a PM but since they have updated and changed it so much it is about useless any more.  24 hrs, maybe, but 1 hour, no way. There is no sense in being to much of a hurry and I never had one person get upset when they inquired on something I was selling and I told them I was talking to or waiting on someone that got with me first. Let them know they are next in line or whatever they are in the order I received their PM.  Most are appreciative and glad to know you are being fair.

:z-twocents:

good post

SinGin

Well since we dont have a feedback system here then it is a good idea for him to let us know some sellers won't wait an hour for them to get back with you. Any help at all on who is a good person to deal with and who isn't would be appreciated. Like stated before not all of us are on here 24\7

Onpoint

Quote from: SinGin on June 11, 2015, 06:57:32 PM

Well since we dont have a feedback system here then it is a good idea for him to let us know some sellers won't wait an hour for them to get back with you. Any help at all on who is a good person to deal with and who isn't would be appreciated. Like stated before not all of us are on here 24\7
I'm sure the fella is a good guy. I've talked with him before and we have always gotten along just fine. I' don't wanna say who it is because Im not trying to embarrass him. If he has something I want again I'll send another pm saying "I'll take it" but will also state that I'm not gonna be online for a while and to just be patient and he will have his money within a day. If that ever happens and he sells em again, then I'll say something.

I got some good news so I'm happy.

I give the eBay guy an deadline or negative feedback and claim would follow. Within a few short hours I have a tracking number. Its Probably a carving of the middle finger but at least I got something coming anyways.

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: vaturkey on June 10, 2015, 10:35:09 PM
Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on June 10, 2015, 09:08:06 PM
It's a chance ya gotta take sometimes..I got a owl call off here the other day,thing sounds like a dying goose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WV Ridge Reaper 

You gotta Blow on the Owl call ! Not suck on it !  :TooFunny:

I thought we was tighter then that

Onpoint

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on June 11, 2015, 09:57:22 PM

It's a chance ya gotta take sometimes..I got a owl call off here the other day,thing sounds like a dying goose.

WV Ridge Reaper 

We are, we are.. but I needed a good laugh and he came through for me

vaturkey

Quote from: Onpoint on June 11, 2015, 10:20:09 PM
Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on June 11, 2015, 09:57:22 PM

WV Ridge Reaper 

We are, we are.. but I needed a good laugh and he came through for me

Just messing with ya Jason !  :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

Neill_Prater

People are often ridiculous in the way they handle business. I have a mowing business. I seldom do "one time" mows or cleanups anymore, but when I did, I have literally driven up 3 or 4 hours after I talked to the people on the phone to find the property already mowed. It took 4 weeks for the grass to get 18 inches high, but you can't wait 4 hours for the guy you hired over the phone to show up and mow it? Give me a break!

TauntoHawk

Sometimes it stinks how quick calls can get sold on here.

Not an eBay fan anymore at all
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Neill_Prater

It has been some time since I bought anything on ebay. My wife and I both got screwed on transactions a few years ago, and never received the merchandise. Ebay has since changed their policies, so I'm not sure what would happen now, but at that time, they were no help at all. Only thing they did was give me the guys phone number, 123-456-7890. Funny, I never could get hold of him.  ;D

Lonehowl

My 2 cents worth;
You shouldnt get ripped off on Ebay nowdays..I sell a few items here and there on Ebay. Ebay is totally on the side of the buyer. If a person buys an item from me and is not happy with it, he can open a claim and I will certainley lose. Ive had that happen only twice...one guy was a total crook that went around making claims, saying he didnt recieve items he bought, to get stuff for free, and another guy was genuinly not totally satisfied with a used bow I sold him, and we agreed that I should refund a percentage of the sale to satisfy him. I just chalk it up to the cost of doing business.
So..If you as a buyer have a problem, Step one; just open a case with Ebay, it's very simple to do. Step 2; they want seller and buyer to work it out on thier own and come to an agreement. If they cant...Step 3; Ebay will try to negotiate then more than likley seller will lose out. Ebay will pay buyer back, and bill seller.

On buying items from here and other sites...if a guy PMs me to say he wants it, thats fine...most guys will set up payment within the day....done deal. If not, I will give him a couple days or so, especially if its hunting season of some kind, as I assume hes out hunting possibly? If I dont get any reponse for a few days after trying to contact him, I may move on and relist it. I assume the guy either dont want it anymore, or his wife told him no, or whatever. After awhile, you sort of get a feeling for whats going on, if that makes sense. Sometimes, and I dont know where this comes from really, some guys respond after a week or so, and ask why they have not received the call yet? When you tell them they have not payed for it yet, they get upset and say that they should pay only after they get the call. Not going to happen, but there are some that think that way.

Something else that happens is that several guys respond at once, saying "Ill take it". Personally, I go by the timeline, whoever responded first gets it. Sometimes you get a guy that will make a post in the call thread, then send you a PM, and others will just shoot you a PM, so you just have to use a bit of common sense and try to be fair. Maybe Im not always right, but I really try to be as fair as I can, Im not sure how else to do it? Also..you should answer everyone who sent you a PM. Let them know whats going on. They way get upset but at least you tried to let them know whats happening. If I can, I will offer the guys that didnt get the call, another one, or offer to build them one, to make em happy. They dont always commit, but I like to offer.

Anyways, hope the Ebay stuff is helpfull to some.
Mark

Jimspur

That's funny Onpoint because you had a older thread where
you said you had 2 pot calls for sale.
    I pm'd you and asked you if you still had the calls for sale. You
told me you still had one of the calls that you were selling in the
thread, and mentioned about 4 or 5 others you had for sale.
    I pm'd you about 4 or 5 days ago asking for a price on 2 of the calls. I've never heard back from you.
    I've since read on at least one other thread that you didn't return
peoples pm's in regards to the calls you were selling.
    All your threads in which you're selling calls are very wishy washy.
I have 2 of these, might sell one, not sure I'd sell this, blah, blah, blah.
    Either your call is for sale or it's not! If you don't want to sell it don't
mention it in the thread.
    Sorry to come off like a hard  but I gotta tell it like it is.
                                                  Jim