turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Got screwed on ebay

Started by Onpoint, June 10, 2015, 08:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onpoint

Bought a call a couple weeks ago and thought I got the deal of the day. Got the deal of the day alright. Been trying to get ahold of the guy for over a week and he won't even respond to my messages.

Finally thought I had one of them green ol yellar pots.

To make matters worse I tried to buy a couple calls on here too. I sent the dude a message saying I'd take them within moments of him putting them up. Went on about my day and checked back in an hour later and he's done sent me messages telling me paypal, and Do ya still want em, somebody else is interested, sorry just sold em

That was all within about 45 minutes of the 1st message I sent saying I'd take em. I'm having the luck lately, I'm tellin ya.

Gonna go get a lottery ticket

Greg Massey

Somedays are just harder than other...sorry about ebay...

WV Ridge Reaper

It's a chance ya gotta take sometimes..I got a owl call off here the other day,thing sounds like a dying goose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vaturkey

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on June 10, 2015, 09:08:06 PM
It's a chance ya gotta take sometimes..I got a owl call off here the other day,thing sounds like a dying goose.

WV Ridge Reaper 

You gotta Blow on the Owl call ! Not suck on it !  :TooFunny:
Vaturkey

Onpoint

Quote from: vaturkey on June 10, 2015, 10:35:09 PM
Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on June 10, 2015, 09:08:06 PM

WV Ridge Reaper 

You gotta Blow on the Owl call ! Not suck on it !  :TooFunny:
Lmao

mikejd

Bit of advise. Call ebay/paypal open a case. Hopefully you will not need it but if you wait to long you end up with trouble. Once the case is open they will take care of everything.

FL-Boss

e-bay has checks and balances in place...  open up a case, and/or leave the guy bad feedback - explain everything in the feedback.  IF the guys is serious about ebay sales.. he will fix it.  Trust me, true ebay sellers live and die by feedback.... and bad feedback can ruin a seller, especially if they are not a high volume seller.

Onpoint

Quote from: mikejd on June 10, 2015, 11:19:05 PM
Bit of advise. Call ebay/paypal open a case. Hopefully you will not need it but if you wait to long you end up with trouble. Once the case is open they will take care of everything.
Thanks

wish I had known this when I got screwed on the UA hoodie.
I'll call them tomorrow.  I'd much rather had the call than then $33. Lol. I'm just glad the bid didn't go any higher cuz I was gonna go to 50 to get it
Quote from: FL-Boss on June 10, 2015, 11:20:47 PM
e-bay has checks and balances in place...  open up a case, and/or leave the guy bad feedback - explain everything in the feedback.  IF the guys is serious about ebay sales.. he will fix it.  Trust me, true ebay sellers live and die by feedback.... and bad feedback can ruin a seller, especially if they are not a high volume seller.

mikejd

In all the years on ebay I have only had 3 problems and PP had me reimbursed in a day or so. Also make sure you send all your messages to the seller through the ebay message system so they can go back to see you attempted to resolve it. To bad you got screwed before. The would have taken care of it. If you open the case you dont have to ask for a refund right away. Maybe something happen and he will come through.

Rick Howard

I would open the case before its too late, however, sometimes things happen.  You never know what is going on in the fellas life that may have distracted him.  Here is hoping you still get your call, or at the very least a refund. 

Onpoint

Quote from: Rick Howard on June 11, 2015, 12:03:09 AM
I would open the case before its too late, however, sometimes things happen.  You never know what is going on in the fellas life that may have distracted him.  Here is hoping you still get your call, or at the very least a refund.
The first time i got screwed, this guy had like 3000 positive transactions and maybe one or two negatives. Then all.of a sudden everybody started leaving him negative for not.getting their stuff. That seemed odd to me. Wander if he may have passed away.

This guy here has sold around 1000 items and had 98.9 percent positive. The only negatives were for being a "shipping thief"
Evidently he charged a couole people like 15 bucks to mail a call and then refused to show the shipping receipt. I think the shipping on this call I just bought was $8.

Buzzkiller

It's one on ebay now 6 bids at $53

HunterMc23

When you tell some one that you will take the call and get off the page a hour or so and the person rights you back asking if you still won't the call and you don't right back I think the person has ever right to sell it. Especially if he has other people wonting to buy it, you have to communicate. That's just my opinion, and I don't think you should then be on her talking about it on the forum either. That just makes all of us look bad, when it's actually your fault for not communicating with the seller.

davisd9

Well I do not know the story of the call being bought here, but if only an hour is given then that is not much time.  Most of us do not sit on here all day waiting on something to pop back.  Many of us are at work and pop on and off throughout the day when we have a little spare time.  I do have tapatalk on my phone and it used to tell me when I had a PM but since they have updated and changed it so much it is about useless any more.  24 hrs, maybe, but 1 hour, no way. There is no sense in being to much of a hurry and I never had one person get upset when they inquired on something I was selling and I told them I was talking to or waiting on someone that got with me first. Let them know they are next in line or whatever they are in the order I received their PM.  Most are appreciative and glad to know you are being fair.

:z-twocents:
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

cramerhunts

Quote from: davisd9 on June 11, 2015, 11:38:41 AM
Well I do not know the story of the call being bought here, but if only an hour is given then that is not much time.  Most of us do not sit on here all day waiting on something to pop back.  Many of us are at work and pop on and off throughout the day when we have a little spare time.  I do have tapatalk on my phone and it used to tell me when I had a PM but since they have updated and changed it so much it is about useless any more.  24 hrs, maybe, but 1 hour, no way. There is no sense in being to much of a hurry and I never had one person get upset when they inquired on something I was selling and I told them I was talking to or waiting on someone that got with me first. Let them know they are next in line or whatever they are in the order I received their PM.  Most are appreciative and glad to know you are being fair.

:z-twocents:

:agreed: