OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mexico Royal Slam 2 nice Goulds Pics!!!!

Started by woodshopteacher, May 20, 2015, 04:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyturkeyhunter4

Congrats! On the two nice goulds, beautiful country injoyed the pictures.

woodshopteacher

Yes I'm trying to book with yukkutz for the oscellated. I can only go during my spring break from school so its hard planning trips.

cramerhunts

Congratulations on two nice Gould's! Living out in the west I get to see a lot of country like that and I still love it. Good luck on your World Slam.

steveo

Awesome trip and congrats on two fine Gobblers!

jg

very nice birds and what scenery!!!  if you dont mind me asking.what does a hunt like this run?
Ozark beard busters

ILHUNTER

Congrats.  Sounds like an awesome hunt and the guide had really done his homework.  Will have to put that on my to do list.

woodshopteacher

The hunt for this season was $1775. That was for one bird. That included airport pickup/ drop off, food, drinks, lodging, tags, and use of shotgun. This is a great price for a Gould's hunt in mexico. A second bird this season was $600. Which is also a good price. Some other Gould outfitter's charge much more. I really feel like they provide a great value. All there hunters were 100%. 3 of us even killed a second bird.

RutnNStrutn

Sounds like an incredible hunt!! Congrats!! :icon_thumright:

woodshopteacher

old cow corral near where i shot my second turkey. I loved all the rustic logs.

woodshopteacher

The views going into camp were amazing. Its easy to see why the gobblers here have a hard time keeping there spurs sharp.

woodshopteacher

There were alot of old rustic houses in the mountains. Its neat to think of the simply life the settlers in the area must of had. Im sure they had alot of work to do but life had to be a little less stressful and hectic out there in the hills. This area has to powerlines or cell towers. pure nature.

woodshopteacher

Another example of the local craftsmanship. This was the horse barn on the ranch were i hunted.

woodshopteacher

The river that ran thur the ranch was written about in a book by Aldo Leopold. The river is the Hawk River. Jorge and his father took me there to see the views. We had just left this area when I shot my second turkey.

woodshopteacher

It was thundering when I shot my second turkey. I actually located the gobbler when he sounded off at the thunder.

woodshopteacher

With a few water holes on the ranch all storms are a good thing. This was the biggest water hole i saw and was told it dries out thru the dry months.