turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Longbeard XR

Started by PASTRUTTER21, May 14, 2015, 02:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PASTRUTTER21

Anyone else get and  Longbeard xr shells that the crimping has fallen apart?

rem 300

Not any problems so far, I have shot 2 boxes of them this spring..

owlhoot

You. ?     Also refer to the gun section
For lb problem or be benelli

mikejd

I have gone though about 10 boxes with no problems at all. Other then that fact that when I switched to the new magnums my choke that liked the regulars hated the magnums and cost me a bid. That said that is my fault for not double checking.

catclr

Quote from: PASTRUTTER21 on May 14, 2015, 02:27:19 PM
Anyone else get and  Longbeard xr shells that the crimping has fallen apart?

Only when I shot a gobbler  :thanks:

Greg Massey

Ive heard people say they have had a few problems with this happening to shells.. a lot of people put finger nail polish on these to help keep this from happening and to waterproof them.. use clear if you have it... but ive seen some use color polish also to identify deferent loads or shot size...

Snoodsniper

That's funny I just contacted Winchester today with this issue. I had one overshot card come completely out and one partially. They did get right back to me via email and said to call and they'll take care of it. I guess we'll see tomorrow when I call.

Devastator

YEP i saw OP'S shells tonight and half of his over shot card was gone on 1 of his shells and also saw the dimpled primers on his other 3 shells out of another box.

Snoodsniper

After playing phone tag for a couple weeks I finally got to talk to the folks at Winchester. The nice lady that I spoke with said to ship back my shells and they will send replacements. This is a relief because I have 4 boxes of potentially defective shells. They are covering shipping both ways. Its nice to see a company stand behind their product....its kinda rare these days.

Dr Juice

I have no problem ... must be a bad lot. Good luck.

Snoodsniper

I shot them last year and had zero issues. Every time I've pulled the trigger this year a shell  in the mag tube came out missing  pieces. As a precaution I will probably throw in a new spring but I know that is not the problem.

owlhoot

Wow from the few On The site that seems to be a problem .   Any specific load? Or lots?

JK Spurs

I've had no problems with these shells but I've seen quite a few posts on here that are negative. I'm shooting 3" 5 shot 1-3/4 oz with an Indian Creek choke out of a Beneli Vinci and couldn't ask for a better pattern. I'm impressed with the load.
I like my turkey well peppered

ridgerunner

Quote from: JK Spurs on May 26, 2015, 07:34:20 PM
I've had no problems with these shells but I've seen quite a few posts on here that are negative. I'm shooting 3" 5 shot 1-3/4 oz with an Indian Creek choke out of a Beneli Vinci and couldn't ask for a better pattern. I'm impressed with the load.

I'm shooting 3 inch, #6 shot with Indian Creek choke out of my Benelli Super Vinci...no issues for me except at 20 yards the pattern is so tight might as well be using a deer slug..lol

JK Spurs

Quote from: ridgerunner on May 26, 2015, 07:46:41 PM
Quote from: JK Spurs on May 26, 2015, 07:34:20 PM

I'm shooting 3 inch, #6 shot with Indian Creek choke out of my Benelli Super Vinci...no issues for me except at 20 yards the pattern is so tight might as well be using a deer slug..lol
You're exactly right....I was patterning at 40 yards and was perfect. Shot one at 20 yards and it was so tight it made me a bit nervous shooting one that close. Pretty easy to miss at close range...killed three this year between 35-40 yards and they got the job done.
I like my turkey well peppered