OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

WV combo too much for Iowa tom

Started by Big Guy, May 10, 2015, 04:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Guy

Well, that might be overstating it a tad.  I kind of got lucky on this hunt.  Went into a timber I had hunted before, but had not scouted yet this year.  Walked in Friday morning, sat at a tree and this tom just happened to be roosted maybe 50 yds away.  Gobbled his head off for 30 min, flew down and walked to within 30 yds and that was all she wrote.  He was probably on the ground maybe a minute or 2.  Probably only called 3 or 4 times but my new Sneed Hot Hen & West Augusta oak striker was the last thing he heard.

101st501

I hope the last sounds he heard were sweet to his ears.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

2eagles

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

tomstopper

Sounds like the second day/tom of my Ohio trip. Congrats....

West Augusta

Congrats Tim.  Sometimes they come easy.  Nice gobbler.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

mgm1955

WVhuntEER

Congrats!  That's a deadly combo for sure!  I love my West Augusta Strikers!   Montani Semper Liberi! :)

kyturkeyhunter4

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

alloutdoors

jepcho

55dougie

Short and Sweet and made some meat.... Congrats.
Doug. ~ a.k.a. 55dougie

Please check out my web site at: http://drkorn55.wix.com/dougkornsworkshop

Jay

Expensive Tom. We aren't exactly kind to out of state hunters on tags. Looks like a nice sized Tom. Happy you scored a good one.