turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Facemask preference ?

Started by Cutt, May 05, 2015, 01:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutt

Just curious what everyone's preference is with a facemask? I know some might not use one and opt for camo face paint. But for those using a mask, is it a full mask covering eyes? Or 3/4 mask with eyes exposed? I use a 3/4, but feel I need a full mask at times, but just can't get use to looking through one.

DirtNap647

3/4 for me walmart had a leafy hat this year with a built in headnet that had eyes cut out vent for mouth and ears it was nice also

West Augusta

I prefer a full mask.  Helps keep skeeters and gnats out of my ears.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

ridgerunner

I use a full leafy mask made by Whitewater..probably 20 years old..wish I could find another one, but haven't been able to find one..also had a leafy vest made by Whitewater that was great.

jamo

West Augusta

Quote from: ridgerunner on May 05, 2015, 05:27:24 AM
I use a full leafy mask made by Whitewater..probably 20 years old..wish I could find another one, but haven't been able to find one..also had a leafy vest made by Whitewater that was great.
I had a vest made by Whitewater.  Had more pockets than any vest I've ever seen.  I flat wore it out.
Haven't found anything even close since.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Gooserbat

I like a 1/2 mask with out the eye piece.  I also like one that's very loose fitting.  I've been using the same one fore well over a dozen years and its in rough shape.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

GobbleNut

One very important point about facemask choice: If you wear glasses, you will have to deal with fogging issues with certain types of facemasks. If you wear them, you should be aware that at the moment of truth when that gobbler is getting close, your excitement level will effect your breathing and your glasses are likely to fog up with certain types of facemasks.

I have to wear a cap with netting that hangs away from my face.  If I wear a tight-fitting mask, my glasses will always fog up just at the wrong time.   

TrackeySauresRex

I like the hawkeye full net that you tie. I'd like to get another,and can't find em anywhere.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

KYFrid

Primos Ninja facemask because its Mossy Oak and it makes me invisible.. Goes great with my ninja camo..  :funnyturkey:

Rapscallion Vermilion

I like the Ol' Tom boonie hat with mask, but with two mods.  I ran a piece of wire around the opening for the eyes so that it will keep the shape I want, and I cut an opening for the mouth. 

rosharb

Half face mask just like Gooserbat described. Mine is pretty worn and can't seem to find one like it.

kyturkeyhunter4

I use a 3/4 primos mask, it's light weight and cool.

Bro2032

Mossy Oak, 3/4 spandex.. love this mask. I wear it around my neck when moving to the next spot. Is very fast, and pretty comfy..

jblackburn

Quote from: GobbleNut on May 05, 2015, 08:01:02 AM
One very important point about facemask choice: If you wear glasses, you will have to deal with fogging issues with certain types of facemasks. If you wear them, you should be aware that at the moment of truth when that gobbler is getting close, your excitement level will effect your breathing and your glasses are likely to fog up with certain types of facemasks.

I have to wear a cap with netting that hangs away from my face.  If I wear a tight-fitting mask, my glasses will always fog up just at the wrong time.   

Been there! I never found a facemask that I liked when I wore glasses.  I've been wearing contacts the last few years, so that issue is no more.

As far as the mask, I like the 3/4 style.  I've been using the 3/4 mesh one from Natgear camo the last few years and I really like it, compared to the cheap walmart HS strut ones I used to use, but the elastic finally gave out this year, so looks like I'll be getting another.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.