OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Double In NJ

Started by NJFF6925, April 23, 2015, 01:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NJFF6925

Went to the forest with my friends Dom and Chris. We didn't hear any from the roost so we trekked in about a half mile and set out the dekes. Got all set up with Dom and Chris about twenty yards ahead of me. I had no permit to hunt but was happy to be the caller! Let a short series of yelps from the mouth call and heard gobbles from the edge of the swamp a ways off. To make this post a little shorter. about an hour later and many gobbles in that time two longbeards and a jake finally made it to the decoy. Dom let one have a load from his single shot 20 and he dropped on the spot. The other two jumped up and then went to the downed bird to get some revenge I guess. Chris then let the other longbeard have it and the double was complete!

Chris on the left 16lbs 8.5" beard and 3/4" spurs. Dom on the right 18.5lbs three beards 1.5" 3" 8 3/4" and 3/4"spurs.

alloutdoors

trkycaller

RutnNStrutn

Congrats brother!!! :firefighter: :icon_thumright: Good to see you and Dom back in action again!!

tomstopper

Awesome job. Congrats to you both....

NJFF6925

Thanks guys. Yes Jim it was nice to finally bag one since last year was a bust!

Dr Juice

beagler

Never Misses

steveo

Way to get it done boys !!!! Nice Gobblers????

mikejd

Great job guys congrats. Were abouts in NJ are you.

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

silvestris

Congrats.  Didn't think they let y'all handle guns in NJ.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

NJGobblerHunter

Congrats on getting it done in NJ!

NJFF6925

Silvestis- Only us criminals have guns in Jersey! LOL

Mikejd- Central NJ Lakehurst area

zelmo1

:turkey2: Nice birds, any double is a great day. Congrats