turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First miss (Redemption!)

Started by Full strut, April 19, 2015, 04:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Full strut

Haven't been turkey hunting too many years but damned if that miss from this morning is eatin me up!

Struthunter

It will for a while too

Chilly

If you are anything like me, you will lose sleep over it and never ever forget it.
Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

owlhoot

there is always next time, well you got that one out of the way.
Now you didn't jinx yourself and say you never miss, did ya  ::)

Pattern to tight or just plain old fashioned flub up?

Turkeyman11

Missed one about 10 years ago in New Mexico after working him for over an hour.  Just the night before I was telling my buddies how I wondered if I'd ever miss.  Pretty sure that load was a blank. Ha.  Still haunts me...

Full strut

Hit a sapling and i was towards the edge of my guns range. He worked so good too! Happened so quickly I probably pulled my head off the stock  :TrainWreck1: I guarantee I will lose sleep over this!

LI Outdoorsman

Missing sucks there's no way around it..My misses still haunt me all the time.Its exactly what was going through my head when my first Alabama bird walked right into gun range opening weekend this spring.I savored the moment as he stood there in full strut with 8 hens.I dont feel bad lettin' em' have it...kinda makes all the misses a little less painfull.

Greg Massey

If your going to be a turkey hunter...your going to miss sooner or later. Its just like getting up at 4 clock in the morning to go hunting you cant kill them in bed. You will never forget it...the miss...lol

Full strut

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 19, 2015, 07:39:55 PM
If your going to be a turkey hunter...your going to miss sooner or later. Its just like getting up at 4 clock in the morning to go hunting you cant kill them in bed. You will never forget it...the miss...lol

I have no doubt about that! I know a miss was inevitable but I was hoping today wasn't the day. Makes me want to go after him even more!

jordanz7935

Been there done that...sorry for your luck. Nobody's perfect and anyone who hasnt missed hasnt been hunting very long. Get back after em! Good luck.

Snoodsniper

Don't feel bad. I miss all the time.

mgm1955

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 19, 2015, 07:39:55 PM
Well said.

spurcrazy

Your not alone. I missed on Saturday. 2.5 hrs from first gobble to shot opportunity and I just rushed it. I shot right over his head and watched the ground explode! I was a slightly down hill shot at 45 yards. High country mountain bird in Montana.  :angry9:

WildTigerTrout

Misses happen to the best of turkey hunters. Part of the sport. Anybody who has not missed at least one has not hunted them long enough. I missed my first last season and will never forget it but learned a valuable lesson and will try my level best not to let it happen again. Get back out there and carry on.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

strutnrut

I'm not sure you ever quit missing. If you hunt them you will miss them  and that's a fact !!!