turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What to shoot at while patterning

Started by kdsberman, April 12, 2015, 01:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkehunr93

I have an old election sign that had a sign that slid over top of the metal frame, I ditched the sign and just use some heavy duty twist ties to hold a large piece of cardboard to it by poking holes in the cardboard at the top and sides and then I run the twist tie thru it to hold the card board in place.  I just tape large pieces of wrapping paper (backside) or bulletin board paper to it with a orange dot in the center.  It sticks in the ground easy and works great for sighting in a rifle/muzzleloader for deer season as well.  plus it's really easy to carry.

kdsberman

I've been looking for any Chicago Bears and Blackhawks signs to shoot at but haven't had much luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alloutdoors

I use rosin paper and made a stand for it. I made a pvc base that supports two 1x2 uprights and there are three crossbars. The bottom bar holds the roll of paper which is then pulled out and clipped to the top bar. The third bar is just a few inches above the paper roll and I also put clips there so the wind can't unroll all the paper. Then just shoot, cut off the pattern, pull the paper up again, and clip into place. I'll take pictures the next time I shoot.