OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Easter Sunrise Bird

Started by Sixes, April 08, 2015, 08:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixes

My Dad and I make a trip to middle Georgia every spring to a quail platation owned by one of his lifelong friends, this year our trip fell Easter weekend. I found this bird Saturday but due to hens and the local trapper, things went awry, but Sunday morning, I was back around the brood field (cut for quail) and setup around 6 Easter morning. Knowing it was Easter, I made sure to say a prayer thanking the Good Lord for everything and asking for Him to help those in need.

The bird fired off around 7 and gobbled several times at crows, geese and everything else stirring. I made a couple soft calls and immediately got a response. A few minutes later I called a little louder and he fired off again and I could tell he was on the ground. 10 minutes later and one more soft call and he gobbled from about 50 yards and then appeared in the brood field strutting in all his beauty. He came to about 15 yards and I quickly made the shot.

Sunrise was 7:17 and that's what my watch showed when I looked.

Great sunrise service on Easter.

Double beard and good spurs!

SCGobbler

awesome sunrise service!  What better place to be than in God's creation at sunrise on Easter.  Well, I mean church, but you know what I mean.  God is everywhere!
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

101st501

RutnNStrutn

Nothing like spending Easter in the turkey woods. Wherever you choose to worship, that's your church!! :bible: Congrats!! :icon_thumright:

alloutdoors

Congrats, nice bird! Like that Buice too!

zelmo1

Great day, nice bird. Congrats

Sixes

Quote from: alloutdoors on April 08, 2015, 10:26:58 AM
Congrats, nice bird! Like that Buice too!
Thanks, It was a Father's Day gift last year from my daughter

captin_hook

:drool: that's a goodun.  Congrats

suburbhunter

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

Snoodsniper

strutnva

Gold Spur

Congrats, that's a nice one. :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

beagler