OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How many do you eat?

Started by Strick9, April 07, 2015, 08:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oconeeguy

Yep. Italian dressing as marinade. Any brand, even cheap house brand.  Just cut in strips, soak for at least a few hrs, then grill while consuming carbonated adult beverage and watch sun set. Yessiree

TRG3

We baked the first wild turkey I got some years ago, just like it was a Butter Ball. While the breast was okay, you could have driven nails with the legs! So...with Monday's 23# gobbler, the legs and dark meat are currently in the crock pot along with veggies making turkey leg stew. Just got to remember to be sure to get all of those little leg bones out. My wife makes a mean turkey pot pie, my favorite way to have the breast. I often give half the breast away to the land owner which helps secure permission for the next season, sometimes including deer hunting. 

eggshell

Cook the dark meat in a crock pot until tender (or a pressure cooker) with chicken broth, then debone chop and make noodles with it. It makes a real rich broth and outstanding noodles.....yippeee

stinkpickle

Quote from: eggshell on April 10, 2015, 04:47:53 PM
Cook the dark meat in a crock pot until tender (or a pressure cooker) with chicken broth, then debone chop and make noodles with it. It makes a real rich broth and outstanding noodles.....yippeee

I try to put one bird aside until the weather turns cold specifically for turkey and noodles.  It's my favorite...but sometimes all the birds get fried up by Labor Day.  ;)

Bigspurs68

5 of us here in the house. We all love deer and turkey. Can't imagine having too much or too many.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

mikejd

I cant shoot enough to get sick of it. We can only take 2 here in NY so no getting sick of it that way.
I have a camp were I hunt so we spend the first 9 days of the season there. Usually 4 or 5 of us. We like to cook some up as soon as we get him. Any extras come home. My wife finally came around and realized the game I get is better then store bought food. My 2 boys 2 and 5 even like to do the prep work with me now that there getting a little bigger. Tons of fun.

rpinks

Eat everything I harvest. 5 toms on my blessed years. I like them fried in strips like chicken or fish. Also I will cook them in the crock pot and make turkey salad just like you would chicken salad. Good luck to all this season !
Thanks, RP