OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lonzo new aluminum

Started by Stump.270, April 05, 2015, 06:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stump.270

Well I have been on a search for the perfect aluminum call and I think I have found it Lonzo built me a aluminum with a soundboard he wouldn't tell me what it is in a yellowheart pot that is a absolute smoker I scuff it with scotchbrite and he sent a pool cue chalk and I called a gobbler this week from a country mile away I thought it was a woodpecker to be honest with you I have had a corder,Dawkins,and a woodhaven vision and none of them come close this pot is the real deal I have one in order from Jeff graham at pro custom but it's gonna be really hard to beat this one guys I use a fowler one piece purpleheart and a Halloran yellowheart on this call

REBELYELL

I got the same combo from him a few weeks ago in a Paduak pot. It's been riding in my vest most of the year. You can ring the woods with it and surprisingly it plays really soft too. I haven't scufffed the  surface yet, but it won't play without that pool cue chalk on my striker. Bill Lyman made me a Paduak colored dymondwood that I have been using. If I could ever find some birds, I believe they would eat it up. Lonzo has it going on with this "secret" soundboard.

mgm1955

Sounds like a great call. Congrats to you both!!

Stump.270

The dymondwood gets raspy on it purpleheart gives it a higher front end with great rasp my woodhaven purpleheart is my locating striker it will flat out scream

Jgarrett

John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

Footballer

Have you tried the Atomic 13?

REBELYELL

Quote from: Footballer on April 06, 2015, 09:32:01 AM
Have you tried the Atomic 13?

Yes, I have it also and think it sounds great. The Atomic 13, Dawkins walnut aluminum and Paul Platz's cherry aluminum over slate all sound great to my ears, but Lonzo's new soundboard brings something new to the battle ground. It's hard to describe, sorta like breeding a Loftis Crystal Screamer to one of these other aluminum calls to get a hybrid call.  :funnyturkey:

Stump.270

I'm not kidding that gobbler was a solid half mile away and he came all the way to gun it will call soft too it's a call I will never go without

Footballer

REBELYELL

$65 I believe for his aluminum calls, plus $6 shipping.

REBELYELL

Footballer

Any chance we could get a soundfile?

Stump.270

P.m me your phone I have a soundfile

Jgarrett

Quote from: REBELYELL on April 07, 2015, 09:02:05 AM
Quote from: Jgarrett on April 05, 2015, 10:41:22 PM
Need some pictures

Here is my Padauk aluminum from Lonzo.

He makes some great looking and sounding calls.  I like his simplistic design.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

Footballer

I bet an aluminum call in one of his acrylic pots would be killer also!