OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Unbelievable Easter in the Eastern woods!

Started by Tennessee Lead, April 05, 2015, 09:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tennessee Lead

What a day! Heard my first gobble at 5:26. Had some Guys come in and pop up a blind 50 yards behind me on the property line. I eased out to where I killed yesterday morning and listened to them rattle the timber. The one gobbling the most was across the holler. He was the first to gobble as I was climbing the hill. The only way I could get to him was walk under him. I choose to stay over here. Got on another Tom and he hushed when he flew down. I had eased half way down the hill to a thicket and was calling when the first bird started my way. I switched trees really fast and that bit me. He came across that big holler through a thicket and right where I had been. He was drumming so hard it was crazy. He saw me move my gun the 6" of the 12" I needed. He putted one time and walked away.
I let him get gone and eased back to the top. Walked 100 yards pulled out the Twisted Sister struck one called him up within 10 minutes he gobbled good and strutted and drummed like the other one. Shot him at 21 yards. I was so pumped to have called the first one up that my day was going great. This one topped it off! Got one good spur and one broke spur and a nice beard. Feels heavy bout to head out with him.
21.8 lbs 9.5" beard 7/8" Spur

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

alloutdoors

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

owlhoot

tomstopper

PEA SHOOTER

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

cphill

Congrats man

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Tennessee Lead

Thank you all and Happy Easter

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

KY LONGBEARD

chatterbox

Big Treble

zelmo1

outdoors

NOW THATS ALOT OF EXCITMENT FOR ONE MOURNING    :icon_thumright:   :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field