OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Second week of Alabama Season!!!!

Started by pdaugherty, April 01, 2015, 12:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jordanz7935

Wow congrats on some nice gobblers! Your stacking em up like cordwood down there in 'bama! Let me know if you need help thinning the population it seems like your overrun with turkeys  :TooFunny:

Gold Spur

Congrats to the both of you on some awesome hunts.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

surehuntsalot

send some of that karma over Mississippi way
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

strut2

pdaugherty

Quote from: Honolua on April 07, 2015, 02:52:40 PM
Awesome birds...where are all hunting? I am in Odenville. After losing my 1st bird I got one Saturday....

11 1/2" beard
7/8" Spurs
18lbs

We're hunting in central Alabama, Chilton and Elmore County. All private land

taylorjones20

Congrats gents!  That's the way to get the season rolling!
Alive only by the Grace Of God

kyturkeyhunter4

:z-winnersmiley:
Quote from: pdaugherty on April 01, 2015, 12:32:18 PM
Wanted to share some pics from the past week of the season here in central Alabama. Between me and my brother-in-law we killed 4 birds in 7 days, 3 of those in four days. Had some of the best and most memoriable turkey hunts ever.
1st bird was 22lbs, 9 1/4 beard, 1 1/8 spurs called him in for my brother-in-law
2nd bird was 24lbs, 11 beard, 1 3/8 spurs was on him 5 times before I finally killed him
3rd bird was 25lbs, 9 3/4 beard, 1 1/8 spurs decoyed on a Avian Hen, couldn't stand it
4th bird was 20lbs, 10 beard, 1 spurs fanned him in

Hope everyone else is having as blessed a season as we are so far. The birds are just getting right here in Bama and it's looking like it's only gonna get better. Good luck and good hunting guys.
Awesome turkeys!