OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

multiple birds in a sitting?

Started by Blong, March 25, 2015, 10:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blong

If your state allowed it, would you shoot your limit in one sitting?

Jay Longhauser

I've done it once, was excited for a few minutes, then regretted being done with a lot of season left. In my home state probably won't again unless seasons almost over. If hunting out of state with limited days to hunt I would.

dirt road ninja

Yep, I just can't help myself. Then it's on to another state.

Dtrkyman

done it a few times with the bow never the gun.  In Nebraska I shot two one morning and was like crap I am out of tags, went to camp got another one printed up and nearly killed a third that day.

Next morning I was done!

mgm1955

On out of state hunts with limited time I would.

mudhen

Done it several times in Kansas...will do it again if the situation arises...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Marc

Yes...

Time is my enemy, and I would love to get a double or triple on toms...  If more time becomes available, there are others I could take out on hunts...

A buddy of mine went out on a guided bighorn hunt...  10 minutes into the hunt, they came across a nice goat, and everyone passed but him (although he was last in line to shoot) because nobody wanted to tag out so early in the hunt...  Turned out to be the second largest one ever killed, and nobody else go to pull the trigger...  When opportunity presents, I have also learned, not to turn it down.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

zelmo1

I would like to say no, but I would take a pair if the timing was right. Have mercy on me, lol

tomstopper

Quote from: dirt road ninja on March 25, 2015, 10:24:33 PM
Yep, I just can't help myself. Then it's on to another state.
^^^This. Or I would just spend the rest of the season taking out family and friends.

Gamblinman

Yes...if limited on time.

I had some business obligations that required me to return to my office sooner than planed. I took all 4 of my Texas gobblers in one morning, from the same set-up.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

alclark2

Hoosier Hunt n Fish

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Gamblinman on March 26, 2015, 06:12:56 AM
Yes...if limited on time.

I had some business obligations that required me to return to my office sooner than planed. I took all 4 of my Texas gobblers in one morning, from the same set-up.

Gman

I'd love to see a video of that hunt, that's a heck of a set up!!! 

And yes if I hunted a state that allowed it I would, hunt another state or take others.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

neal

Yep everytime I went out if the option presented itself. Of course I'm out to enjoy the hunt but it all evens itself out. Sometimes you hunt hard for days then tag out others it goes quick. I always say the easy hunt memories get you through tough hunts remembering how quick it can happen and just keep after em.

Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

njdevilsb

Luckily we can't in NY.  I don't think I would want to for one main reason.  My dad and I are the only 2 turkey hunters that I know so if it ended in a day or 2, I would be done and lost until next season.  There have been a couple of years where we have doubled on opening day and then we each tagged out in the next 2 days.  It is fun at the time, but walking out with those birds slung over your shoulders gives you time to realize that you're done and the long wait begins once again.  If given the opportunity to tag out on 2 mature toms in 2 or 3 days, I'm sure I would do it again, and I would probably be wishing for more time on the way out.

stinkpickle

Yes.  This is why God created other states.