OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Old School!

Started by guesswho, March 25, 2015, 09:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

this is what a turkey killer that's been there done that looks like. brought a smile to my face. the old school turkey hunter. congrats to here and your very lucky to have her around. im sure she taught you a thing or 2.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

ElkTurkMan

Snoodsniper

Makes my endless collection of calls and junk seem unnecessary. Congrats to her!

njdevilsb

That's great.  Congrats to her.

Rio Fan

Congrats to your mom!  I always enjoy your pictures and stories of your mom's hunts.  :icon_thumright:

flintlock

I was waiting to see here w/another one!   :)

Wess
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

strutnva

GobbleNut

You would have thought, after all these years, that she could have taught her young'un a little bit about turkey hunting.  I guess the apple does, on occasion, fall a long way from the tree.   :TooFunny:

Seriously, Ronnie, your mom is an amazing woman.  Your pride in your parents rightfully shows through in your posts about them.  Your family's success as hunters would be a great feel-good story for one of the national news chains,...IF you didn't have to worry about dealing with the fall-out from the nitwit anti's afterward. 

Keep them healthy,...and keep them hunting, my friend!

TURKEYWHACKER

That is awesome and congrats to her.

bradbathome

Your mom is awesome.

870supermagnum

I think that's great that you mom gets out there and goes after them, successfully too. 

I know just about all sports these days have been so commeciallized it sickening.  I like all the new stuff, but is it really necessary to kill a turkey?  I heard an old timer once tell he hunted turkeys one season waring a Santa Clause suite just to prove you don't need all the camo items marketers tell us we need to be successful.

You have an awesome mom!    :fud:    :OGani:

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

greentag

your mom rules,if I had friends with a mom like that when I was growing up I would have been trying to stay all night with them every weekend to try and learn as much as I could,way to go!!!!

RutnNStrutn

Ain't nothing wrong with old schoolin' it!! Your mom does a fantastic job of it!! Congrats to her! :icon_thumright:

guesswho

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 27, 2015, 08:05:37 AM
You would have thought, after all these years, that she could have taught her young'un a little bit about turkey hunting.  I guess the apple does, on occasion, fall a long way from the tree.   :TooFunny:
I'm a slow learner ;D
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff