turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hevi 13's. Which one

Started by RiverRoost, March 23, 2015, 02:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Juice

#7s and the Magnum Blends are awesome as well.

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Jbird22

I'm the odd man out it appears but I'm sold on the 6's! I've shot the 7's but went back to the 6's. They hit hard!

eddie234

I've got a 10 year supply of the 6's.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Cut N Run

Absolutely stomped turkeys with both the past 4 years I've been using them.  The 7s have a fuller pattern.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

RiverRoost

I'm pretty fired up to shoot them today. I don't know anything about the kinetic energy but I can see where 6 hit harder but would think if you had more 7's going in a head it would about equal out?

ILIKEHEVI-13

7's shine in the Hevi-13 loads. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Hevi-13 #7's will shoot plum through the head and neck of a turkey at 40yds like it was butter.

stinkpickle

I shot one with #7s a while back at 35 steps (probably somewhere between 33 and 37 yards), and I noticed that a low flyer penetrated the breast completely and lodged under the skin on the opposite side.  Yeah, #7s should be fine.  ;)

7shooter

Xcal1ber

I personally like the 6's myself. I have the 7's also and like them too, but I got real good numbers from the 6's with a touch more knock down power than the 7's. Either one will smoke a turkey, but I like killing one deader with the 6's  ;D
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

stinkpickle

Yeah, the only reason I'm currently shooting the 6's is because my local shop doesn't carry the 7's, and there's not enough difference between the two to justify paying shipping costs.