OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

fastfire glare window tint...?

Started by DirtNap647, March 12, 2015, 07:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtNap647

might be a dumb question but would window tint work on a fastfire to take that mirror shine away
ive tried the mesh but its still there or any other suggestions...?

Hycotee

Seems like it would diminish your quality of view, especially in low light conditions -- not sure if it would eliminate the glare. Another similar option with probably the same drawback would be privacy film for phones, computer screens.

I'd like to hear if anyone has any other ideas too -- the glare is why I can't decide whether or not to get the fastfire 3 over a traditional scope.

reynolds243

are people seriously worried about the glare from the tiny screen on it???  man IMO you guys are REALLY overthinking this.  the odds that you are sitting in just the right angle to reflect the light directly to a turkeys eyes AND it spooks him off somehow is super low.  I have hunted with one for a few years and had a Mueller for years before that and it has NEVER been an issue.

DirtNap647

We are proud of you....but to some its an issue

reynolds243

i get it you think its an issue, what I'm trying to wrap my head around is do you honestly think the super slight risk a turkey will see a flare from the tiny screen is going to spook it? 

again do as you want but IMO you are very much making this more complicated then it needs to be.

bowhunter2k9

Quote from: reynolds243 on March 13, 2015, 11:43:18 AM
are people seriously worried about the glare from the tiny screen on it???  man IMO you guys are REALLY overthinking this.  the odds that you are sitting in just the right angle to reflect the light directly to a turkeys eyes AND it spooks him off somehow is super low.  I have hunted with one for a few years and had a Mueller for years before that and it has NEVER been an issue.

I agree
Romans 8:38-39

Hycotee

it's why they make scope ARDs (which come with nikon turkeypro scopes), and plenty of people have tested and observed the glare/reflection with fastfires and other red dot sights -- so it is an issue/risk -- some simply place more value on it than others

reynolds243

again do what you feel gives you more confidence. the screen on a FF3 is super small and you are not hunting a sniper....just wild to me how we make this sport so complicated or get so worried about things that really are SUPER minor.

SKFOOTER

Quote from: reynolds243 on March 13, 2015, 03:58:24 PM
again do what you feel gives you more confidence. the screen on a FF3 is super small and you are not hunting a sniper....just wild to me how we make this sport so complicated or get so worried about things that really are SUPER minor.
Agreed!! :character0029:

ericjames

Quote from: Dirt nap on March 12, 2015, 07:11:14 PM
might be a dumb question but would window tint work on a fastfire to take that mirror shine away
ive tried the mesh but its still there or any other suggestions...?

Just want to let ya know. The window tint isn't a bad idea. I just went out and stuck some on the front lens of the rain guard. It takes the glare out for sure.

ericjames

DirtNap647

good glad to see it worked did you use auto tint...and if so what % of darkness or is that static cling

ericjames

This was 20% black. The real deal stuff not the static cling. The static cling would probably work the same. That's what I would try since the ff2 don't have a rain guard. I'll let you know how it dose today also. I'll set it up facing the sun and walk in front of it.

DirtNap647

look forward to hearing the results...

reynolds243

Ok so here is the issue with using standard tint (if you insist on trying to reduce glare)
Standard tint is a mix of polymer blends and dyes so like a car window if you put it on the inside of your site you will create a mirror effect when light is behind you and will cause you to not see as well through it.

If you put it on the outside of the site you will still have the mirror effect and Prob worse then without it making your attempt have the opposite reaction.

The only tint made with no reflection property's is ceramic tint so you will have to find that at a dealer and get some. In addition it does not go on the same as standard tint so it may be a pain to put on.

Just passing along info on tint in general so take that and do as you wish

Proverbs 3:5
"Trust in the lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding"

Sent from my phone because I'm that cool