turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

EBAY Bob Dixon vest

Started by aaron, March 12, 2015, 08:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

650.00 starting bid on a vest? I don't care what it is that's insane. it better come loaded with calls , shells and a thermacell lol. buy now 1500.00.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

turkey buster

At that price someone better be very sleepy and thought it said $65..wow!!

aaron

I agree, $650 for a vest is way out of my league.  But these things sell for this amount and more routinely.  Obviously this is more of a collectors item for those die hard turkey hunters with deep pockets.

tomstopper

That is just a plain crazy price......

Mike Honcho

Why doesn't Mossy Oak start making these again??????  I think they would make a killing on them...even mass produced I bet they would sell for $ 250.

K9Doc

Bob Dixon was a Mossy Oak CEO at it beginnings in
He died of cancer several years ago
And they did a tribute vest and produced only
1986 vests. Many were given to NWTF Banquets
and auctions. Some sold to higher end Sporting Goods
Stores. Proceeds went to Cancer Research I believe.
Very Collectible and price goes up yearly.
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

Mike Honcho

It would be a great idea if Mossy Oak made more , sold them for a high price and gave even more money to Cancer research (a part of the proceeds even) ...I'm sure Cancer research has needed more funds since 1986.

870FaceLift

Did anybody else notice that the shoulder straps are Claw slings?  Pretty cool feature for a vest.  I had never heard of these until now.  I'm in awe sometimes of what turkey memorabilia goes for.
Pass it on...

boomer

Yes they are Claw slings. Glad I bought mine at the end of turkey season on clearance when they came out. Mine is a low number in the 200's. At prices like that almost makes me want to post mine. But I like it to much.

Cut N Run

Quote from: Mike Honcho on March 12, 2015, 12:44:43 PM
Why doesn't Mossy Oak start making these again??????  I think they would make a killing on them...even mass produced I bet they would sell for $ 250.

Seems like a good idea to me too.  The M.O. Limbhanger vest is built on the same design as the Dixon.  I wish I had bought another Limbhanger when I got mine.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

DirtNap647

I think it is a great thing they did no price is to high for cancer research  hope they keep goin up

Gamblinman

Those Claw slings on a vest are a pain in the butt. Wait till you have to try to turn around and they bind up on your shirt or jacket...its the main reason I switched to the Limbhanger.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

boomer

I remember you could've got some of the vests with a set of calls that was numbered to match the vest number.

PALongspur

Man I'd love to see these come back!

I've been on a quest for a lighter weight alternative on days when I don't need my Super Elite III. I think this or a Limbhanger would be perfect!