turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

WLB.. #4, #5, #6?

Started by cornfedkiller, March 11, 2015, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cornfedkiller

Ordering a box of WLB XRs..just curious how I decide between #4, #5, or #6? 

alclark2

I chose 6s but some guys are getting incredible patterns out of 4s and 5s also. You really can't go wrong with any of them as long as your gun and choke like them. Pattern it and see how it does.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

Gumby

All will work....we found that the 4s actually patterned better for our guns. We were not expecting that but they did. A safe bet would be go with the 5s

TauntoHawk

I dont mind 6's in Hevi but prefer 5's in lead.. never shot the 4's. The 5's patterned almost as good as the 6's for me anyways so it was a no brainer for me.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ericjames

I will be hunting with the 4's. Out of my 835. But the 5's put up a very good pattern also.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: cornfedkiller on March 11, 2015, 09:30:00 AM
Ordering a box of WLB XRs..just curious how I decide between #4, #5, or #6?

You might find this interesting http://allaboutshooting.com/article_info.php?articles_id=724 but please note the temperatures. You can expect less density/numbers in lower temperatures. Sometimes, dramatically lower.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Mike Honcho

I've shot both the 5's and 6's in 3" and 3 1/2" .   Both patterned extremely well, obviously bigger numbers from 6's.   I decided to go with 5's this year , for a little more power for longer distances...the 5's pattern better than most other brands of 6's.   I killed turkeys with both last year...completely dead with both LOL

Izzyjoe

About a month ago tried the 4 and 5's, the 5 shot better in 10", but the 4's had a better hunting pattern, meaning there was plenty of spread outside the 10",and good coverage inside 10"

Gobble!

Ihuntoldschool

Longshanks

ezberserk

I've shot both the #5's and #6's with my 835/Indian Creek choke combo.  The #6's pattern won

buck_hunter21

Spill Blood

cornfedkiller

Thanks guys!  I ordered a box of #6 this morning and they should be here early next week.  I'll have to post up the results after I try patterning it.

alclark2

Quote from: cornfedkiller on March 12, 2015, 02:08:59 PM
Thanks guys!  I ordered a box of #6 this morning and they should be here early next week.  I'll have to post up the results after I try patterning it.

Keep your shots under 40 yards and you'll be good to go.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish