OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Old School Greenleaf Remington 870 Special Purpose 12

Started by alabama90, March 10, 2015, 05:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alabama90

I just bought this older Remington 870 in Greenleaf camo at a local auction and was wondering how much yall thought it was worth?  I'm just curious to see what kind of deal I got.  Its a 3" 12 gauge special purpose and looks to have been made in 1993.  Came with a Truglo choke tube as well. Let me know what you think.  Thanks

turkey buster

It's worth $50. I'll give you $100  :TooFunny:

Nice find. If you decide to sell it PM me. I'd be willing to haggle a price. That's a nice find.

budtripp

Man I tell ya, whenever I go to auctions all I ever seem to find is some rusty old single shot 410 or 22. Some guys have all the luck.

AndyH

All depends on what someone is willing to pay for it. I paid $320 for mine a couple years ago and it is in excellent shape

tomstopper

vaturkey

If it's in excellent shape (90-100%)  $ 400.00 - 450.00
Vaturkey

Crappiepro

Well in my neck of the woods I would say around $250 to $300. Its a 3" gun.
I see alot of combo's(slug barrell/shot barrels) in the $350 to $400 range and most are Express Mag.
I just bought a 870SP Super Mag/thumb-hole in Mossy Oak Obsession camo for $300.
I know some area's of the country may be higher on used guns but in West Central Indiana gun prices are fairly low and selection and type of guns and number of the same kinds keep them lower in price I would say.

turkey buster

It's the camo pattern that people want in this gun

Izzyjoe

Nice score, I'd say $350+, around here camo guns seem to bring less! There's just not a big market for them, and shotguns seem less popular for general hunting than they were 15-20yrs ago, pawn shops seem to always have twice as many than rifles.

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: turkey buster on March 10, 2015, 05:58:27 PM
It's worth $50. I'll give you $100  :TooFunny:

Nice find. If you decide to sell it PM me. I'd be willing to haggle a price. That's a nice find.

You could leave some for the rest of us..What do you own like 10 of these old camo rems

yelpaholic

doesn't matter  as long as your happy with it those old school guns can be hard to find especially if you have a craving for one   the 11-87s go from 400 to 850$ on gunbroker but you can luck up and find a deal every once in a while if your patient... :OGturkeyhead:

county hunter

I love it, great find! $ would start at $300 in my view. ~20+ years old. Don't they say that the older Remingtons are better?

SKFOOTER

alabama90

Thanks for the compliments, I appreciate it. It sounds like I paid about right for it then. It's not perfect with some camo missing on the receiver but it's in good shape. I bid $270 but with auction fees and tax it was about $320

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.