turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My Dad has passed away

Started by rempumpman, March 10, 2015, 01:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rempumpman

This past Saturday (March 7th) I was at the bedside of my Dad and held his hand as He went home to be with The Lord; he was 81 years old, a very STRONG Christian man who Loved & served God faithfully; he instilled the love of the outdoors in me and taught me that serving the Lord was the most important thing to do in this life! He loved to hunt & Fish but the Spring Turkey Hunts was always his favorite as he so enjoyed the warmer weather and loved watching nature at its best; he fished on a regular basis; He was married to my Mom for 60 years! loved his family & enjoyed his Grandkids & Great Grandkids to the max!

I had the Honor of preaching his funeral in which was the HARDEST thing I have ever done; a HUGE crowd gathered to pay their respect as he ran his own hardware store for over 52 years in the same spot! the Lives that he touched are way too many to mention & he shared God's Love everyday with the customers that came in.

I am 54 yrs old, love everything outdoors but as I prepared the message for His funeral, I realized just how Blessed I was to have a Dad that was my best friend until the day I married 34 years ago, then Dad became my 2nd best friend; I hope that all who read will see just how important Family is; sharing the Outdoors with them is the most important thing anyone can do

This Spring when your Turkey season comes in, NEVER take for granted those Hunts you share with Dad, Son, Daughter, Grandchildren, or Friends; one never knows when Death will come; I will miss Dad this season in a way I cannot explain but know He will be with me and smile as big as Heaven itself when that 1st Gobble breaks the morning silence.

Thank you all for reading, God Bless and have the BEST Spring season that you could ever have!

Barry James

God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

MACHINIST

870FaceLift

:cross2: My prayers to you and your family.  Thank you for sharing.  You're absolutely right in that we should take nothing for granted.
Pass it on...

Go G.W.

As you stated, your father will be smiling down on you when that first gobble comes this spring. Praying for you and your family during this time of hurt.

Spitten and drummen

im sorry to hear that. its tough losing someone that is close. prayers sent to you and yours.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Drthorn

Sorry for your loss. He sounds like a great man!

Hooksfan

Sounds like a life that was worth living.  You are blessed to have had such a father.

turkey buster

Sorry for your loss. The bible tells us it's appointed unto man to die. Thankfully your father was a Christian man and he's gone to his reward. Grieving is tough but be mindful he's no longer in this sick world. Go kill a big ol' tom in his name and cherish the memories you had with him.

tomstopper

My condolences to you and your family and I will keep you all in my prayers. God Bless....  :cross2: :bible:

goblr77

Sorry for your loss. It sounds like your dad was a good man. My dad passed away in 2001 and very few days go by that I don't think about him. Time helps heal the pain and you'll be left with good memories. :jesus-cross:

turkey harvester

Sorry to hear about your loss, sounds like your dad was an amazing man.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Chilly

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I'm sure he will be watching over you this season.  Hold on to the memories.
Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

Gut Pile

I am so sorry for your loss.

That you had the opportunity to preach at your Fathers funeral is absolutely tremendous.

You where very fortunate to have not only a believing father but a best friend as well.

about the best religion can possibly do, is maybe make you a nice person, where as a relationship with Jesus Christ can make you a new creation

dfresh55

USMC0331

Sorry to hear of your loss. I will keep you and your family in prayer.