turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Found a 11-87 bottomland!

Started by Izzyjoe, March 04, 2015, 10:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izzyjoe

I strolled into a pawnshop yesterday just browsing around, and low and behold they had a 11-87 in bottomland camo 26", the factory finish is coming off in places, but all in all it don't look to bad. The asking price is $500, but he come down 50, I'm tempted to go back and put it on layaway, but I won't be able to get it out before season opens. Does this sound like a good deal, or pass on it. I don't need it, but want it, I've been looking for one for some time.

jwhunter

buy it!!!you only live one time and you cant take your money to the grave

turkey buster

I have one with a 25 inch barrel in near perfect shape and one in an 870 with a 20 inch barre in perfect shape. Love them!!

Izzyjoe

It may be a 25" barrel , I didn't measure it.

Gobble!

$450 sounds like a good deal from here.

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

SKFOOTER

Those guns came in 21", 26" and 28" barrel lengths. :OGturkeyhead:

yelpaholic

what pawn shop?     :OGturkeyhead: just kidding  I love mine...

Izzyjoe

Today I went back to look at it some more, and I wanted to take barrel off and inspect it real good before I put some money down on it.  I asked to look at it, and asked if he would mind if removed the barrel and for end, he said no, but I removed the forend anyway, and it kinda pissed him off, he started to say something, and I cut him off, and said "I'm the one buying this so"!  Anyway there was signs of rust and neglect, and when I asked about the law away plan, he said 20 percent down and 60 days, well I can't pay it off in 60 days, so I told him have a great day and walked out!  You win some you lose some!

county hunter

Dam, that just ain't fair. Any chance he can bend the rules? a little? worth asking?

Izzyjoe

Well I borrowed some money, and I'm gona go back over and have $300 in my hand! All they can do is say no! I took the choke out of it and it was an imp cyl., but that don't matter cause I have a few rem chokes.

turkey buster

Go get it. That Sumtoy will be on its way to you in the morning from my house and it would love to ride in that 87

county hunter

Just got back online and saw your update, nice!

AndyH

That price sounds high if it's in the shape you described. I would pass on it myself, there are others out there in much better shape for the same money.