OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Benelli Vinci - 24"......need some help pushing me over the edge

Started by mac43rn, February 07, 2015, 10:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mac43rn

One of my local shops (my favorite gun store/Whittaker Guns in Owensboro, KY) has a Benelli Vinci 12 gauge with a 24" barrel.  I am in the market for a new turkey gun.  I understand it only shoots 3" shells, but honestly, I do not ever recall a gun fitting me so well.  Every single time I shoulder the gun it feels like it was custom made for me.  I do not know much about the Vinci line. 

Any gun I pick up I plan on putting a Burris FFIII. 

Any feedback on patterns or info on the gun would be greatly appreciated. 

worth612000

Awesome gun, my son in law won one signed by Willie and Kora Robinson. Comes apart in 3 pieces by just twisting it apart for easy cleans and storage. The difference between a 3" and 3 1/2" shell in most cases is 2oz vs 2 1/4 Ounce of shot.  My gun is limited to 3" shells and it has not limited my hunting in any way, plus my shells are cheaper.

worth612000

Correction, he won a super Vinci that does shoot 3 1/2, but my other statement still stands. Lee doesn't even hunt. Forgot to add that I think Benelli is one or if not the most wanted shotgun. I have a Beretta, but wished I had went with Benelli. The speedbead is a great way to mount the FastFire on the gun

mudhen

One the most underrated guns out there in my opinion....

I don't generally like 24", but several chokes can help: Indian Creek, Pure Gold, Hevi-Shot, etc...

A good choke + 3" Magnum Blend = jellied heads....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

the Ward

I have the 3" version of the Vinci and I love it. I've owned and shot a lot of different shotguns over the years and this one is my favorite. I usually use a Sumtoy .650 choke for turkey. I also have a Burris FF3 on a 336 Marlin base and Steadygrip installed and it shoots great. The only thing I wish is that the safety was behind the trigger instead of the front but it's not a problem. I use it for waterfowl in the fall and then throw the red-dot and steadygrip on for spring turkey. It's a very versatile, reliable light gun that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

reynolds243

Awesome gun and I've even leaned toward trading in my tricked out SBE2 for one. Anyways a sumtoy 650 is a great start with magblends or LB 5s. I have had great results from a Rob Roberts 655 as well. You can call Rob and just ask him about the gun and get his recommendations, few people in this world know more about benellis then that guy. William at sumtoy is another one you can call and talk to.

You will be happy with either option I assure you

Proverbs 3:5

Sent from my phone using Technology

outdoors

:icon_thumright:  GO FOR IT.   :icon_thumright:

IT'S. UNANIMOUS 
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

allaboutshooting

The Vinci is just a great gun. Here's a "Product Test" article that I wrote several years ago. http://allaboutshooting.com/article_info.php?articles_id=418

I liked that gun so much that I kept it and have shot hundreds and hundreds of rounds through it. It was one of the 6 guns that I used recently to complete the "Turkey Choke Evaluation Project" article that will be published toward the middle of this month.

You may want to wait just a bit, take a look at the patterns shot by the various chokes with that gun, look at the charts and read how the evaluation was conducted, prior to making an investment in a turkey choke. I think you'll find that information helpful.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Goose

Awesome gun. I bought a Vinci as a backup gun for the SBE2

the Ward

mrclif

With the steady grip stock the Vinci fits me better than any shotgun I've ever shouldered.

tman74

Wonderful gun. I had one but in a moment of madness I sold it a year ago and hated myself ever since. I just got a steal of a deal on a Super Vinci 26" and am just tickled to death with it.

TurkeyTim

I have the Super Vinci and I am not sure I like it.  I have been through a whole season shooting everything from grouse  ducks geese pheasants.  I have not shot a turkey yet but I have started patterning it .  I started shooting the magna blend and they kick like a mule. It was not  very fun to shoot those loads. I am going to try some different chokes to see how it does.  It has a lot more kick than I  though it would on all different size of loads.  My son's Versa Max has a lot less recoil than my Super Vinci.  I am thinking of selling it.  I like the Versa Max but it is a lot heavier.

mrclif

All 3.5's kick like a mule to me. The Versa Max being a gas driven and heavier is why recoil is milder.

bowpro

I have the 3" Vinci with 24" barrel.  I use a .665 Indian Creek with LB #5's.  I consistently get in the 170's in a 10" circle at a lasered 40 yards.  I am not talking about doing this just one time, I have shot this combo a number of times and am amazed at how consistent it is.  I also have a FF3 on mine.