OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

When, where are Chooters huntin this year?

Started by Illini Tom, February 02, 2015, 10:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illini Tom

when do you guys start? what states? how many tags?

i hope to draw the max 3 tags for illinois. no out-of-state hunts for me.
drew first choice county for first season - april 13 opener.
2nd tag app is in. 2nd and 3rd tags depend on lottery draw, but i have good places to hunt in 3 counties so almost always get 3, although no. 3 usually is for the last of the 5 seasons in early may.

misfire

Supposed,  and I emphasize "supposed ", to start in Florida March 14, then here in Georgia for the youth opener the next weekend,  then we get to hunt. Looking now for suitable place for my merriams.  That will complete my first slam. Also guiding a youth hunt in SC in April.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

cphill

Never had the chance to hunt any other state than Tennessee. I will be hunting my normal places Smith,Jackson and Wilson co.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

turkey buster

Louisiana March 24th with a 2 bird limit. I'm hoping my buddy on here (that's you Mr. Lewis) has me a hunt in Mississippi.

Gooserbat

Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, Lord willing. I might have a shot for an Arkansas hunt along with a late season Nebraska.  Its funny because I have the chance to hunt more places than I have time. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

ericjames

March 15 is when I'll get started. I'll probably only hunt Alabama and Mississippi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sonofabuck

Most of my hunting will be in KY again.  It's not looking good but working on a Osceola hunt.  If time allows and I can manage to work it out I have places to hunt in TN and GA. 

Illini Tom

good luck to you chooters gettin out soon
still 4 weeks from monday for me
drew 2nd tag last week; hope to hit the trifecta in random draw  :gobble:

nickhrp

I'm just hunting the homeland in TN this year maybe get a chance to go to missouri
God Bless the Outdoors

bow.m3v.hunter

March 26-28 -- Chuck Swan WMA, Sharps Chapel, TN -- 1 Tag
April 4 - May 17 -- Big South Fork, Oneida, TN -- 4 Turkeys Allowed

Matthew Evans