OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Sumtoy .650 stoeger m3500  (Read 7119 times)

Offline soky

Sumtoy .650 stoeger m3500
« on: January 25, 2015, 07:15:19 PM »
Shot the sumtoy .650 out of my stoeger today. Only 190 pellets on my best shot. I wasn't really looking for a high pellet count but that seems way too low considering I was getting low 200's with the Indian creek and same shell. The numbers don't bother me near as bad as how the pattern looks. I was expecting more uniform than this.

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 07:28:57 PM »
How have you cleaned gun and choke.  At one time they had some crazy lots of shells.   We may need to play a little.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline soky

Re: Sumtoy .650 stoeger m3500
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 07:49:49 PM »
I also got the forcing cone lengthened in this gun. Would that have an affect on the choke? I just gave it the standard swab and then oiled and cleaned the choke. I love the looks of the choke and the machine work. Any suggestions on a different shell?

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 08:00:08 PM »
Ok get you some denture alcohol and run some patches down barrel.   Oil will kill the patterns of guns.  The forcing cone can affect it but can't say on the 3500 because this only one we have had with cone cut.  It may take little different choke but 1st let's get oil out. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline drum817

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • North Carolina
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 08:42:01 PM »
Also.....what was the temp. And other weather conditions?
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Offline soky

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 09:22:59 PM »
Also.....what was the temp. And other weather conditions?

50 degrees with a slight breeze. I shot 3 times and the 3rd was my best pattern. I thought I may have shot the oil out of it by then but I'll swab the barrel and get any oil out of it then try again.

I shot the IC .665 with the same magnum blends before and after I had the forcing cone lengthened and the results were much better after the work was done. With a man like William helping out and standing behind his product there is no doubt we can get it shooting like it should. Not very many companies out there go the extra mile to help out a customer like they do at Sumtoy.

Offline gesthuntn

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 08:25:16 PM »
Looks like a good pattern for magblends. They are like a freight train on a turkeys head.