turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Facelift for my Remington SPS-Turkey

Started by FireDoc, January 19, 2015, 06:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireDoc

I purchased my Remington SPS-Turkey 20 gauge back in 2002 right after I killed my first Jake and fell in love with the wonderful sport of chasing Gobblers. Over the years I've added and subtracted different things, be it chokes/scopes/red dots, slings/etc.

Last season I noticed that the paint on it was starting to fade it some spots, and while I don't mind Mossy Oak Break Up, I'm a bigger fan of Bottomland for sure.

Being one to always tweak and tinker with my turkey stuff, I decided to give it a facelift this winter after Fall season ended.

I looked into having it dipped, but after looking at the prices and some finished products I began to look into other options. I had done my 4 Wheeler in a kit from Mossy Oak Graphics a few years back, and I had also done my daughter's Mossberg in a MOG gunkit back last summer. I was really pleased with how those turned out, so I decided to do it with my Turkey gun as well. Pretty happy with how it turned out!

Here's a few pic's for reference:

Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

FireDoc

Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

FireDoc

Before and after Scope and B-Square mount.
Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

FireDoc

Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

ccleroy

01Foreman400

Quote from: ccleroy on January 20, 2015, 10:24:32 AM
What barrel length is that?

Should be 20". 

His choke looks like it's about 3"  What choke are you using?

I've got 2 SPSP-T myself.
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

ccleroy

I have 2 I'm setting up....... One with a 26" and the other with the 21".......will be trying the HW 7's. Taking them off today for smith work. Once I get them back I'm interested in seeing what patterns I get, one is sporting a Sumtoy and the other a Remington SF.

01Foreman400

Quote from: ccleroy on January 21, 2015, 07:25:58 AM
I have 2 I'm setting up....... One with a 26" and the other with the 21".......will be trying the HW 7's. Taking them off today for smith work. Once I get them back I'm interested in seeing what patterns I get, one is sporting a Sumtoy and the other a Remington SF.

Where are you getting the HW's from?   ;D
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

ccleroy

Quote from: 01Foreman400 on January 21, 2015, 09:17:08 AM
Quote from: ccleroy on January 21, 2015, 07:25:58 AM

Where are you getting the HW's from?   ;D

Lol, it's a secret.......hahahaha

FireDoc

20" Barrel, with a TruGlo SSX choke which is 3"total if I recall correctly.
Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

FireDoc

Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

mason3toes

Mike Honcho

Nice work, that's a great looking Remmy.

ccleroy