OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stoger?

Started by Bigspurs68, January 18, 2015, 06:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigspurs68

I'm wanting to get another 20 for the girls. Anybody have any feedback on stoger semi autos?
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

Mike Honcho

No experience with the 20's but I have a 3500 and it is very reliable, no jams, failures to feed, extract ever since I have owned it 3 years. It patterns extremely well....even beats my 835 and Star Dot.

Bigfoot

Don't be afraid to check out the Charles daly 20 gauge compact.  22 inch barrel and I think 5 1/4 pounds

turkeyhunter91

I looked at a camo stoeger 3020 at a gun shops a few days ago and I really like the way the gun handled and felt. The only thing I didn't like was the bead, it only had 1 big Fiber bead at the end of the barrel,I like 2 beads personally and it seemed rather large. I'm trying to talk myself out of going back and buying it because my wife will kill me. I think Turkey guns are addictive haha, good luck with it and let us know how it turns out if you end up getting one.

Bigspurs68

Momma said "Kill that turkey"

reynolds243

Quote from: turkeyhunter91 on January 31, 2015, 09:07:00 PM
I looked at a camo stoeger 3020 at a gun shops a few days ago and I really like the way the gun handled and felt. The only thing I didn't like was the bead, it only had 1 big Fiber bead at the end of the barrel,I like 2 beads personally and it seemed rather large. I'm trying to talk myself out of going back and buying it because my wife will kill me. I think Turkey guns are addictive haha, good luck with it and let us know how it turns out if you end up getting one.

I mean you can replace the front bead for like $15 if that's the hang up. Your not suppose to look at the bead when your shooting anyways you are focusing on the target

Proverbs 3:5

Sent from my phone using Technology

turkeyhunter91

:alien:
Quote from: reynolds243 on January 31, 2015, 10:45:10 PM

Quote from: turkeyhunter91 on January 31, 2015, 09:07:00 PM

I mean you can replace the front bead for like $15 if that's the hang up. Your not suppose to look at the bead when your shooting anyways you are focusing on the target

Sent from my phone using Technolo

The sights wouldn't stop me from buying one, I would either put a red dot or a set of Fiber optics on it. I really don't need another turkey gun is the only thing stopping me from buying one.

reynolds243

Now that I can follow lol

Sent from my phone using Technology

pullit

I have handled one at the gun shop and it looked and felt great. I have a Stoeger 2000 12 ga and based on the way it has preformed I would not think twice about buying a 20 ga if I were in the market.
I think it will be great gun.

buckslayer70

Hello,
New here and this would be my first post of any kind here. I've been bitten by the 20 bug recently, & in my search for a 20 I set my sights on a Franchi Affinity. Didn't, really want to drop the $$$ for a M2. I located a Franchi and went to look it over & purchase it. While looking at it the guy behind the counter asked if i was set on buying the Franchi, which I answered with "not necessarily". He tells me the Stoeger M3020 is identical to the F. Affinity except for a few cosmetic touches. Long story short. After having both in hand, I left with the Stoeger M3020, an extra turkey choke, and 3 boxes of ammo(and still saved enough in price difference to buy TSS from ). Love the M3020, my son and I have ran 50 or so rounds through it shooting skeet in the back yard without a problem. Id bird hunt with it if I wasn't putting a red dot on it for turkey hunting. I like it well enough that Ill probably buy another one for bird hunting. The only thing i didn't like about it was that it wasn't drilled and tapped from the factory for an optic. $30 bucks for the gunsmith and a weaver #93 base(which Stoeger recommends) and the red dot is on it now. Good luck and hope this helps you out.