Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Here's one from the lost list..................

Started by pappy, March 20, 2011, 08:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hillbilly280

Good looking call Pappy and a nice pc of wood.

Bobby
VANOVER GAME CALLS

Snoody Bastid

Beautiful call. Looks like one you would bring to a black-tie affair.

archery1

Take a kid hunting

pappy

my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

smurf

Dang that's sharp Jack.   How long before you can get back in the shop after trying to amputate your own finger on the band saw?  Just had to tell on you.  LOL    Mike
If you can't stand behind our troops.  Feel free to stand in front of them.

BOFF

Very Nice.

Love the wood figure and color!!  :icon_thumright:

God Bless,
David B.

decoykrvr

Jack,
Well, she calls as good as she looks.  I've played w/ pot calls for over 30 years and this titanium surface is amazing.  I called in a long beard for a "youth hunter" this morning w/ the call and had him strutting at 40 yards.  Unfortunately, the young man moved too quickly w/ the gun, the bird saw him, and did what frightened turkeys do--putt,putt,putt!!! I worked in two more gobblers, but he couldn't get a shot, but a good time was had by all.  I've run about 15 different strikers on the call and found the following to be excellent w/ the titanium : osage orange, walnut, cedar, mountain laurel, boxwood, hickory, chinaberry, Brazilian cherry, and pink ivory.  The range of sounds, tones, and volumes from the call has to be experienced.   Thanks again Jack.  What a winner!!!
Craig

pappy

I am glad it worked out for you my friend. Now if I can get this finger healed I can make some more. pappy
tel...573-380-8206

trkehunr93

decoykrvr

Jack,
        Several of my friends have heard the call w/ a variety of strikers and are interested in "having one for their own personal self".  I know that you prefer a two-sided call w/ the titanium/glass, but what is your favorite wood for the call, and when do you anticipate getting more of the titanium surface material.  Keep that finger splinted to prevent bending and use Neosporin or another good triple antibiotic to keep the wound moist and pliable to promote healing from the wound bed up.  Good luck and thanks,
Craig

pappy

tel...573-380-8206

boggszilla

oh, i see jack has titanium saved for others.but i call and want one and its gone!!!! give me a call at 1-800-NOT-COOL when ya find some more...after you get your prefered customers done,i'll take one.

just playing jack,i do want one when your nub heals.

jason

pappy

Jason...now that wasn't nice....I had thiso ne saved back because Craig ordered it a long time ago, it was and is the last piece for a while. This stuff is so expensive, and tears my bandsaw blades up like a hot knife cuttin into butter, but I will try some more as long as everyone is wanting one.
tel...573-380-8206

boggszilla

Sorry jack,i swear i was joking.please forgive me.i hope for a speedy recovery bud. :cross2: