OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Grey phase hen decoy

Started by daymude7288, January 09, 2015, 05:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daymude7288

Have you guys seen the new MAD smokey baby grey phase hen decoy?  What are you guys' thoughts on this one?

DAk28

I think it is ridiculous just another gimmick.

mgm1955

Quote from: DAk28 on January 09, 2015, 08:29:43 PM
I think it is ridiculous just another gimmick.
I'll stick with realistically colored since that's what I see in the woods.

TauntoHawk

What on earth is their marketing plan behind this. Why would you even make it? Who in charge thinks it's a good idea?
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gobble!

Never know when you may what to head down to the local Perdue farm and shoot a nice butterball.

davisd9

I think that the MAD guys keep proving that they are worthless overall in the turkey hunting world.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

VA_Birdhunter

The crazy thing about it is....they will sell several of them!   I thank God when I was young and dumb I had my turkey hunting mentor, and hunting buddy (my dad) to draw me back in to reality!!

God bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

TauntoHawk

It really looks like they got a whole batch from china that they forgot to paint and just left black and white and the mad guys were like slap a gray phase on the box and put it on the shelf , those idiots will still buy it.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

rempumpman

It's almost as crazy as we turkey hunters paying over 12 to 1500.00 hundred for a "Turkey" shotgun with a 125.00 plus "Turkey" choke in it, along with paying 60 to 70.00 plus for "Turkey" shells, along with paying well over a hundred for a custom "Turkey" call along with spending "HUNDREDS" on camo clothes, along with paying hundreds to even over a thousand dollars for "guided Turkey hunts" and the list could go on forever......

My point is simply this, MAD will sell these decoys and there will be Hunters who buy them believing that it will help; what may seem crazy to others, may not be to some; we have ALL fallen into buying things we think will help us;
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

K9Doc

I'm sure The Drury Bots created the Squeling Hen call too!!! They just sold it to HS Stupid
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.