turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bourbon Virus

Started by bbcoach, January 01, 2015, 09:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

I spray all mine a few days before season starts.  It will last through two or three washings, but I wouldn't put it one too far before season just to make sure it holds it's potency.  I buy the stuff in a spray can from Wal Mart or Academy.  One can will do boots and about three sets of camo.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

paboxcall

Quote from: Tail Feathers on January 02, 2015, 06:14:38 PM
I spray all mine a few days before season starts.  It will last through two or three washings, but I wouldn't put it one too far before season just to make sure it holds it's potency.  I buy the stuff in a spray can from Wal Mart or Academy.  One can will do boots and about three sets of camo.

I don't know why, but never thought to spray my boots with Sawyers too.  I always tuck my pants down into my boots to keep the ticks out, but spraying the boots certainly would help. 
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

captpete

I bought this from amazon. You get a quart(32oz) for about $21 compared to $32 for 8oz of the Duration. It's the same stuff and you mix it the same. I use it as soak and as spray. The wife and I haven't had a tick on us in the 3 years I've been using it. I can hunt side-by-side with my buudy and not find a single tick on me, but he comes out with several every time we go.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0088Y7PJY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Izzyjoe

I'm new to this forum, but I use Avon skin so soft for spring turkey hunting.  It can be diluted 70/30 with water and put in a spray bottle, I spray from the waist down, and spray deep woods off on my boots and pant legs, and I've yet to pick a tick off me. I don't use this for deer hunting, cause deer can smell me from a mile away.  I spray the seat off my pants also cause 90% of the time I'm sitting on the ground.  If I use off or any other bug spray on my skin it sets me on fire, guess I have sensitive skin.

paboxcall

Quote from: Izzyjoe on January 10, 2015, 12:54:05 PM
I spray the seat off my pants also cause 90% of the time I'm sitting on the ground.

In addition to never thinking about spraying my boots with Sawyers, you made me realize I should be spraying my foam seat and my fanny pack too, those two items are always on the ground when I'm sitting.  Thanks!
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

flintlock

Ticks are the absolute worst!
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

bbcoach

Quote from: paboxcall on January 10, 2015, 01:22:10 PM
Quote from: Izzyjoe on January 10, 2015, 12:54:05 PM
I spray the seat off my pants also cause 90% of the time I'm sitting on the ground.

In addition to never thinking about spraying my boots with Sawyers, you made me realize I should be spraying my foam seat and my fanny pack too, those two items are always on the ground when I'm sitting.  Thanks!
Ticks are everywhere.  Here in Eastern NC, we hunt pine plantations, and we get them from the ground, tall weeds and even branches above your head that you brush up against.  I recommend that you treat all of your outer clothing, turkey vests along with the seat, hat, facemasks, gloves and boots.