OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone ever shoot a deer with a pistol?

Started by chadly, December 01, 2014, 05:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadly

Quote from: allaboutshooting on December 03, 2014, 05:41:50 PM

There were several times when I could have shot one with that gun from my blind but I guess once I'd done it, I did not see any reason to do it again.

Thanks,
Clark

This is what I'm thinking.  Once I've done it I don't know that I will need to do it again.  I like my long guns and their accuracy way to much.
Chad
Also I have the same gun. 

M Sharpe

I killed a 6 point with my .44 mag Super Blackhawk with open sites. I carry a .44 mag model 94 and the Blackhawk. I hunt from the ground in the woods around heads and bays. I had seen pictures of Elmer Kieth's shooting style, so after setting up, I laid the rifle on the ground beside me and tucked the gun into the top of my snake boots so it would be handy. He came in at about 30-35 yds and was sniffing at my sent bomb. At the crack of the bullet he jumped straight up and ran around the other side of the clump of bushes. That was it for him, a fist size hole in the off side. I have not shot at another since, not that I don't care to, it's just I don't care too much for deer hunting any more. The turkeys have consumed me. As for sound, the calibers that hurt my hearing the worst are .357 magnums and .270s. 
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

RutnNStrutn

I shot this SC 8 point with my Ruger Superblackhawk in .44 magnum in the 90's.

Since then, I sold the Ruger and bought a TC Contender. I have .30-30 and .44 mag barrels for it. I hunt with it from time to time, and have taken a couple of pigs with it. Haven't taken another deer with a pistol though. I'll try to do so for sure. Here's the hogs.