turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bow hunters

Started by Moore, September 04, 2014, 10:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moore

Who all bow hunt here. I probably wont get out to bow hunt for deer this year but thinking of going after turkey with stick and string
[

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

GomerPyle

Yo

5 1/2 more weeks and it's on!
[From a buddy re: turkey hunting]
"the best advice I can give you is to run from it like it's crystal meth"

tomstopper

October 18th (I hunt for deer and turkey at the same time with a bow here in NY)

fallhnt

I bow hunt turkey spring and fall. I'll shoot a deer if it gets too close, and that does happen.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

SinGin

10 days and counting for Missouri

mgm1955

coyotetrpr

I like to bow hunt but harvest doesn't give me many opportunities, maybe if it rains I will go.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

BowBendr

7 days til bow season opens here in NC.
Anxiously waiting...counting the minutes....
If all goes well, i'll be skinning a deer next week at this time.  :icon_thumright:

Bigspurs68

Gotta wait til the end of this month in Ohio. Me and my girls are chomping at the bit.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

2eagles

Four deer with a bow the last two years, but at least a couple every year.   I share meat with my dad and my daughter and we eat real good at my house.  Season opens Oct 1 in Iowa.

land cruiser

njdevilsb

Turkey take a back seat for me during the fall once deer season rolls around.  I have been a bowhunter for 14 years, but as time goes on I'm getting more and more serious about it.  If a bird comes close enough, I'll have 2 tags in my pocket for them too but they aren't my main focus.

turkeyfoot

Will be in woods Sat morning for NC deer opener then in Oct. deer and turkey in VA no fall season in NC for birds

Gooserbat

I hunt big game with a bow but I reserve the 12 for gobblers
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.