OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Polaris Sportsman 570 EFI vs Honda Foreman ES

Started by beagler, September 01, 2014, 07:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beagler

Considering purchasing a new quad and was considering these two. Not doing any hard trail riding just using the machine for hunting and perhaps plowing the driveway. Not interested in power steering. I like Honda's dependability, not sure about Polaris. Any opinions on the Honda Foreman ES or Polaris Sportsman 570 EFI? Honda is 475cc's Polaris 567cc's. Heard Polaris had some belt issues.
Never Misses

fastford04

I'll take either one as long as your buyin! Hehehe jk I've always been a honda man myself I sunk a 350 rancher 4x4 up in the creek over the bars an she still kept tickin an crawled out mind you it had 32" mud lites under her hehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fastford04

I wanted to spring for a foreman but the ol hag I had at the time wouldn't let me so now she's gone an I do what I want lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SinGin

You can't go wrong with a Honda. The few Polaris I have driven seemed to rattle a lot, kind of like they were going to shake apart

Big Timber

I have a 2012 honda forman S and it is built like a tank! Has all the power I need and will last a very long time if taken care of!!!

catdaddy

bbcoach

Another HAPPY Honda Foreman owner here.  2006 ES model and haven't had the first thing go wrong.  I use it for hunting and she pulls a 400 lb disc for food plotting with very little effort.  Go with the Honda, you won't be sorry.

Deputy 14

Love my polaris. Not a thing wrong with a Honda either, just ride a little rougher IMO. Just remember, 99% of people who hate on polaris have never owned one.

FL-Boss

For 4 wheelers ... probably Honda.  All the 5 major brands their pros and cons.. but are all generally good bikes... Honda being the best.

Side by sides -- no question Polaris.

nativeks

I can't comment on the specific models. However I just purchased an ATV last month. I had it narrowed down between a Honda and Polaris. I choose Honda. I had ridden them both at a previous job. We had zero issues with the Honda's, while twice we had to trailer home Polaris ATVs that just quit. THe last time they got stolen which is kind of a ironic. I wonder what the thief thought when he got it home and it wouldn't run. My brother had an 07 Rancher that my folks ran without oil for god knows how long. Its still running today. I ended with a 2014 Rancher 4x4 with ES. They reworked them for 2014. I have adjustable suspension which I just did since I have a sprayer on. Getting ready to go treat sericea right now. Ride is much smoother than my brothers 07. Only thing that really kept Polaris in the running for me was having a local dealership. If I was looking at a UTV I wouldn't look at anything but Polaris.

In my opinion: Honda rules the ATV world and is playing catch up in the UTV world. Polaris rules the UTV world and is trying to catch Honda in the ATV world.

turkeyfoot

was debating between the 2 myself and ended up with the Polaris 570 got a deal couldn't pass up was the main reason so far good except for some reason it has shut off on me when I was going from reverse to High did this twice now anyone ever have this happen going to call dealer tomorrow

captin_hook

Quote from: SinGin on September 01, 2014, 09:22:30 PM
You can't go wrong with a Honda. The few Polaris I have driven seemed to rattle a lot, kind of like they were going to shake apart

PEHunter

I don't have any experience with a polaris, but my buddy has a 500 Foreman ES that is awesome.  It is an automatic with a 3 speed transmission that seems to workout alot better than just a high and low range. I've seen him take it some places that would suprise you.  If I were getting another atv I would go with a honda.

guesswho

From personal experience I'd vote Honda.  I know more people with 20 year old Honda's than I do with 20 year old Polaris's. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Redfish

I just got rid of my Polaris because it stayed in the shop. My buddy's foreman never breaks. I went with Polaris because of the no shifting gears thing but found that the high range bogs down quickly when you meet any resistance and the low range sounds like it's going to explode if you go more than 5mph. At least with the Honda standard shift you can find the gear you need while you are moving. The Polaris does ride like a Cadillac but something broke on mine every third trip to the woods. The last thing was the clutch and it wouldn't shift out of high. Go Honda.
John 3:16