turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Help for two kids.

Started by savduck, July 03, 2014, 06:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Ricky Padgett, John Dangerfield, and myself got involved with ODF, Outdoor Dream Foundation this past spring. This foundation takes children that have been affected by life threatening illnesses and puts them on hunting adventures. Some of the kids have beat the odds and some are fighting.

Two of the kids from our group are currently battling cancer again. One of them is to lose his hearing by next month, and is wheel chair bound. The other is currently fighting his third round of cancer. He has had two brain surgeries and is on chemo. He is 9 years old. Both of these kids LOVE turkey hunting and shot gobblers this spring.

Im going to ride up and spend some time with these fellows. I plan to take them a copy of the Tenth Legion, graciously donated by our own Nitro ( thanks for what you do brother), and welcome them to our turkey hunting fraternity.

What id like to ask of You guys, is if you would like to email a little note to these kids to slip in with the book. Something like " welcome to the fraternity, see in the spring woods". Something inspirational for them. I think it would mean a lot to these kids.
Georgia Boy

savduck

Im going to try to head up in about two weeks. Their names are Ethan and Austin.

My email is you would like to send each boy a note is savduck77@yahoo.com
Georgia Boy

savduck

Thank you. Im getting some pretty cool notes for the kids. This is gonna warm their heart for sure.
Georgia Boy

nitro

Del,

Is there anything else I can do ?? Let me know via PM..
Royal Slam 2008

savduck

Will do Andy.

Guys, Im not sure of some of the first names of all members on here. Ive posted this on 4 message boards and have gotten about 15 letters for the boys so far and a couple more books. This is going to mean the world to these kids and their families. I just want to say thank you and if anybody else is still planning to send an email note.....bring them on. Im gonna shoot for the third weekend in July to go see the boys. Here are the boys. Ethan on the left, Austin on the right.

Georgia Boy