Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Old turkey hunters......gotta LOVE 'em !!!!

Started by Yoder409, June 25, 2014, 09:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Rokhal07

That generation has a special ability for telling stories like no other

Bigspurs68

God love em. That made me smile and I don't smile much.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

COssman14

Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

longbeards

We all resemble that old guy,,,,more every day!

SCGobbler

That is a great story.  Gentlemen like that are hard to come by, but I will tell you this, only a turkey hunter would be crazy enough to wet his britches to kill a turkey!
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

gatrkyhntr70

<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

zeke632

Great story. I'm believe the old timer was telling the truth.

guesswho

I told my Dad about this, he's 85.  He said the old man is probably like him.  When the urge hit's him it's usually to late by the time he stands up anyway.

My Dad tells some story's I wouldn't believe if I hadn't been there and seen it.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Jim K

That was a good story. I have one. Not that funny but I never forgot it. When I was a kid I was infatuated with turkeys. Ha, not much has changed. Anyway, we were at church upstate and I was told this old man was a turkey hunter and had got his fall bird already. When I got to talk to him, I asked him where he hunted. I was an innocent 12 year old. He looked at me and said " son, never ask a turkey hunter where he hunts". Forty some years later, I never forgot it and agree with him. Old hunters are great.